This position requires church or non-profit fund accounting education and experience. Responsibilities encompass the coordination, administration, and control of financial operations, including accounting, contributions management, financial
analysis and reporting, and budget administration for both the church and a wholly-owned preschool. The Controller will also direct the payroll, compensation and benefits functions. This position is integral to the management of overall church affairs with
a direct reporting relationship to the Senior Pastor.
- Takes responsibility for planning, organizing, and managing church financial accounting processes and record keeping.
- Directs the work of the Finance Office staff in meeting accounting and finance requirements.
- Defines and manages the annual budgeting process and calendar for the church and the preschool.
- Ensures that internal financial policies, procedures, and controls are adequate and enforced; ensures compliance with relevant external regulations and accepted practices.
- Analyzes and reports financial results for the church and the preschool. Identifies and reports trends and other indicators of financial performance.
- Manages compensation and benefits programs and payroll for all church and preschool staff.
- Serves as staff liaison and consultant to governance committees that have responsibilities for financial oversight and/or controls.
- Supports the Board of Trustees in funding capital building projects.
- Coordinates the annual audit of church financial processes, records, and assets.
- Selects and manages relationships with financial institutions with which the church does business.
- Serves as the Chief Financial Officer in overseeing the enforcement of church financial policies; acts as consultant to the Senior Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting;
- Demonstrated organization management and leadership skills;
- Experience with accounting for non-profit organizations;
- Payroll management experience;
- Proven effectiveness in managing staff;
- Strong computer literacy and experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Effectiveness working in a team environment;
- Deep Christian commitment;
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree (i.e., CPA or MBA) preferred