Student Ministry Pastor II Blue Mountain Community Church
Blue Mountain Community Church is seeking a Student Ministries Pastor(SMP) to lead a growing student ministry. The candidate will inherit a committed volunteer team of approximately 12 adult leaders, with a Wednesday night service that averages 25-35 middle school and high school students. Student ministry is a high priority of BMCC, as demonstrated by a generous annual budget, a student center that can hold 100+ students, a school bus and fleet of passenger vans, and access to 11 acres of BMCC’s campus. BMCC is seeking a candidate who has a passion for student ministry and who has the ability to take the ministry to another level in outreach, discipleship, and cultivation of leaders.
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and openness to the direction of the Holy Spirit
- Theologically align with basic tenants of the Church of God(Anderson, IN), with which BMCC is associated (jesusisthesubject.org).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience (Seminary experience preferred)
- Experience with student ministry and student leadership
- Called to lead youth in their Christian formation
- Ability to develop an overarching vision for the ministry with a supporting plan to implement
- Ability to recruit and lead large volunteer team
- Desire to delegate responsibility and empower both student and adult leaders
- Understanding of and proficiency in using current technology, social media, video editing, and other key technologies to inspire and connect with youth
- Possess skills in communication, organization, and administration
- Self-motivated and willing to grow with fellow staff members as BMCC grows and expands its ministry
- Willingness to marry the mission and date the model, changing what is not working and capitalizing on what is.
Areas of Responsibility
- Keep a regular rhythm of personal spiritual disciplines of Bible study and prayer.
- Prepare weekly student gatherings centered on the gospel and its call in students’ lives.
- Help middle and high school students to follow Christ and grow in their faith by walking alongside them, creating opportunities to relate to God, their families, their peers and our congregation.
- Recruit and equip adult leaders in our congregation who are called to work with youth, ensuring that both the quantity and quality of leaders needed is met.
- Place volunteers and student leaders in positions where they are able to utilize their strengths and pursue their passions.
- Cultivate ministry environment where students and adult leaders are given responsibilities, not merely tasks.
- Plan, organize, fundraise for, and lead annual trips (mission trips, winter camp, lock-ins, etc.).
- Learn current youth ministry model and improve upon it, evaluating youth ministry structures and programs regularly to ensure that they are addressing the needs of youth and advancing ministry goals.
- Develop and work within an approved budget, submit expenses regularly, monitor supplies, comply with facility and equipment use policies, coordinate programs, keep records of youth ministry, and communicate regularly with fellow staff and supervisor regarding status and needs of youth ministry.
- Communicate effectively with youth, their parents, pastoral staff, and other staff.
- Encourage other staff members during weekly meetings, and share ministry with them throughout the week. Exemplify a collegial working style with pastoral staff.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and constructively contribute to conversations about vision, strategy, and needs in the life of Blue Mountain.
- Be an active participant in the broader Church through community groups, Sunday service hosting, occasional teaching/preaching, and attendance of important community events.
Salary and Benefits Competitive salary with benefits to be discussed with lead pastor.
Relationships This is an associate pastor position. The SMP will work alongside fellow associate staff members and utilize administrative staff as needed.
Evaluation The candidate will conduct quarterly ministry progress reviews with the Staff Pastor, who will assist the SMP in setting goals and strategy in the student ministry. The SMP will answer to the Lead Pastor, who holds hiring, firing, and supervising power in BMCC’s governance structure
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Dogwood Church - Director of Student MinistryVanderbloemen Search Group
- Peachtree City, Georgia
- December 6
AV High School DirectorHigh Desert Church
- Victorville, California
- December 6
Pastor of NextGen MinistriesPrivate Profile
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- December 6
Associate Pastor of Youth and Children's MinistryOnward Church
- Fishers, Indiana
- December 6
Teen & Worship PastorCalvary Baptist Church
- Norwich, New York
- December 5
Blue Mountain Community Church
Blue Mountain Community Church is located in Walla Walla WA. Walla Walla is a town of around 40k in the South Eastern corner of the state of WA. Blue Mountain Community Church has a history that dates back over 115 years. We are a thriving contemporary congregation in an extremely unique cultural setting. Please see our website to see information about who we are, what we believe, see our team and read our "plumb lines." More...