We are accepting applications from May 9 to June 9
- We are asking that you don't apply through the churchstaffing site, rather please
email your resume and a cover letter that includes 3 references and their phone numbers
(1 pastoral/spiritual mentor, 1 friend and 1 employer/teacher) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In a separate (pdf) document please answer these questions or link a video of your answers (preferred).
(if linking a video, vimeo or youtube uploads might be the easiest option for everyone)
- What do you find most rewarding and challenging in youth ministries?
- What are your future goals in ministry? Where do you see yourself in the next 5 and 10 years?
- What is the goal or purpose of youth ministry?
- Who are your spiritual hero’s and why?
- What have you done for unbelievers in your community?
- Relay a story of your success in youth ministry as well as one setback.
- What is the gospel?
- How do you engage the youth and younger children (the future youth group)?
- In which ways have you encouraged, developed and given ownership to volunteers and team members?
*If possible, please link your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Etc.)
Scope of the Position: The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries serves as the overseer and leader of the youth and children ministries at Calvary Church. They shall be responsible for implementing the vision and mission of Calvary Church
in those areas under their oversight.
Specific Areas of Responsibility: The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry shall directly oversee, teach and lead the Middle and High School ministries (Youth Group) and give leadership to Family Ministries staff/volunteers.
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, teaching, and administration.
Core Competencies: Evangelism, discipleship, training of youth leadership, creativity, ownership, and organization.
Skills: Great communicator that utilizes current platforms, able to counsel youth on difficult topics, understanding of the cultural facing the youth, planning and execution of programs, and motivate participation.
Chemistry: Relate well to the youth and parents alike. Understand and align with the Vision and Mission of Calvary. Be an active partner with the staff inside and outside the church environment.
Education required: College or Seminary Degree in youth/family ministries. A combination of experience and education will be taken into consideration.
Ordination: Should be ordained or on a path toward ordination.
Experience required: Paid (1+ years) and/or volunteer positions (2-3 years) in similar youth ministries.
Character: This includes such things as self-discipline, modesty, teamwork, integrity, purity, virtue, hard work ethic, loyalty, honesty, fearlessness, tenaciousness and determination. Must be able to lead by example in their family and
outside the church. They should exhibit the Fruits of the Spirit and be a person of prayer. Maintain boundaries and integrity with the opposite sex.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Senior/Lead Pastor (Elder Counsel when appropriate)
- Children/Youth Staff (Paid and Volunteer)
Youth Ministries (70%)
- Teach with clarity and application all Youth Group classes (Sunday AM and others).
- Be the leadership and motivation behind participation in youth ministries.
- Create and implement a plan for adult volunteer and student leadership development.
- Engage in the lives of the youth and their families by being available to them outside church.
- Encourage evangelism among the youth through example, instruction and planned opportunities.
- Provide regular (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly) and creative opportunities for fellowship and recreation.
- Plan and lead service opportunities to the Calvary Church elderly.
- Give vision to the youth ministry that arises from the Vision and Mission of Calvary Church.
- Demonstrate love to the youth and their families.
- Help develop and lead age appropriate service projects in the local community for Calvary Church.
- Maintain various and regular, i.e. weekly and/or monthly, service opportunities for Calvary Church to engage in – emphasis on youth.
- Motivate and encourage the participation of service projects.
- Personally engage in a regular local outreach.
Family Ministries (20%)
- Provide leadership and oversight for paid and volunteer staff.
- Develop and mentor leadership for nursery through 5th grade ministries.
- Invest time in getting to know the children.
- Help with that administration of curriculum, check-in/out procedures, supplies, background checks and other tasks.
- Foster relationships with Calvary Church to encourage volunteerism.
- Keep Calvary Church regularly informed of service projects through various outlets.
- Manage and oversee the budget for Youth and Children Ministries in adherence to Calvary Church policy.
- Meet with the Senior/Lead Pastor weekly to give updates.
- Tasks and projects assigned by the Senior/Lead Pastor.
- Prepare a year-end report for the congregation.
This job description is designed to give a well-rounded understanding of the focused areas of ministry, it is not intended to be exhaustive or all-inclusive of the types of activates, tasks and assignments you may find yourself doing. Human Resource questions,
common staffing issues, expectations, and policies are addressed in the Staff/Employee Handbook.