GETTING TO KNOW CENTREVILLE BAPTIST CHURCH
- CBC is located in the western suburbs of the Washington, D.C. area that is saturated with Federal Government, government defense firms, all branches of the military, technology firms, and corporations of all sizes. We are located minutes from a national battlefield and 22 miles from Washington D.C providing a culture rich in history, yet within an hour of beautiful mountains and less than three hours from the closest beach.
- Education is of high value in the local culture with the majority of the students continuing their education into college. Our families live in five different counties enduring the longest average workday commute time in the country, making weeknight activities a challenge. We have a large number of home school families in attendance, a few who attend private schools and the majority who attend public schools. We have a large number of families where both parents work outside the home because of the high cost of living. Our families work hard, travel often, and deal with stress that is higher than most other suburban areas of our country.
- Centreville is a multi-ethnic community. Caucasian residents comprise approximately 57% of the community and we have a large Asian community equaling approximately 25% of the residents. Because of this we are seeking to be “Many Peoples One Body” as we focus on being multi-ethnic. We currently offer four heart language community groups for Korean, Hispanic, Farsi, and Chinese speakers.
- CBC is also striving to be more of a multi-generational church with a recently renewed focus on attracting and engaging young families and young adults of the millennial generation. In the past year we have grown new college age community group, young single community group, and a group for young married couples in addition to new service called The Current that is led by young adults for young adults.
- CBC is a biblically conservative church. You can find our statement of faith with more information on what we believe on our website.
GETTING TO KNOW CBC KIDS MINISTRY
- CBC Kids Ministry has just completed an interim time and is ready for someone to cast vision and lead the ministry into a new and exciting phase that also will include the opportunity to hire other staff team members
- The average attendance of kids on Sunday morning is over 250, however since some stay with us both hours we actually provide ministry to over 300 on a Sunday morning.
- Over 150 + volunteers serve in Kids Ministry
FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON
The ideal candidate for this role will bring a strong passion and enthusiasm for kids and would describe themselves as a leader of leaders. The right person to join the leadership team of CBC as the Director of CBC Kids will bring a sense of energy, humor, and leadership to this vital ministry. A sense of creativity and an ability to work well with a diversity of people is critical to the success of this position.
CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
The Director of CBC Kids will be capable of cultivating productive relationships as they work closely with kids, volunteer leaders, parents, ministry staff, and other diverse personalities. This atmosphere should excite a passion to work with people that influence the growth and depth of a healthy kids’ ministry for years to come. Developing and managing these relationships with intelligence, maturity, and professionalism is expected.
Consistent track record in a large kids’ ministry.
The Director of CBC Kids will have a history of successfully serving in a healthy and dynamic kids’ ministry which will have cultivated a passion for this position.
Leader of leaders.
The Director of CBC Kids will have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to build scalable models that leverage growth for kids’ ministries: relationships, volunteer leaders, creativity, curriculum development and small group leading will be critical to this position.
The Director of CBC Kids will thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced environment, with
people who are passionate about their work and mission and have an active interest in coaching others.
The Director of CBC Kids will have the unique skill sets to lead and coach others to places they
would not be able to get to without investing in their lives.
Mature and growing relationship with Christ.
The Director of CBC Kids will reflect a growing and mature relationship with Christ and a personal
and public passion for God’s Word.
CBC is looking for an experienced leader of a growing kids’ ministry who is passionate about
Jesus and kids.
Serve as the primary visionary and leader for all of the CBC Kids ministries and environments
- Provide an environment that is safe and secure for kids
- Work alongside the Director of Safety and Security and Director of Facilities to maintain a physically safe environment
- Work alongside other staff to ensure leaders are qualified to work with children
- Establish and maintain safety policies for all ministries that take place in the CBC Kids environment
- Provide vision and strategic planning to strengthen kids ministry with a priority to the connection between church and home
- Lead and manage the staff CBC Kids team with encouragement, shepherding and accountability that includes equipping lay leaders and teams
- Recruit, equip, empower and provide training for lay leaders and teams to lead ministries and events
- Team with pastors, ministry directors and other staff to coordinate programs and ministries which reflect the mission, vision and values of CBC
- Utilize all available tools to communicate with parents, lay leaders and the community to include email, website, social media, mailings, and personal contact
- Participate on the CBC Communications Team that meets weekly to coordinate publicity and communication for the CBC Kids ministry as well as events that impact the entire church family
- Develop and oversee the annual budget for CBC Kids Ministry using sound stewardship principles and supporting ministry goals
- Coordinate ministry administrative tasks with the administrative assistant and help as needed
- Develop knowledge of the following software or databases – Seraphim membership and check-in software, Constant Contact, website, and others. While the administrative assistant will primarily administer these tools, there will be times that could require the director to be involved.
- Be willing and available to pray with or “counsel” parents or children regarding spiritual and/or family matters, utilizing the Pastor of CBC Cares and Counseling when needed.
- Follow-up with guests to provide information and answer questions about CBC and the Kids Ministry
This person will also be a member of the Ministry Operations Team that includes other Pastors and Ministry Directors who strive to carry out the mission, vision, and goals of Centreville Baptist Church through planning and strategy as a team.
• Supervise CBC Kids paid staff
• Oversee CBC Kids budget
• Lead and/or attend staff-related meetings
Full time. Hours are typically expected to be daily Monday through Friday, Wednesday evenings, and Sunday mornings with one weekday off of your choosing. Hour requirements could change depending on expectations for special events.
Reports to the Associate Pastor
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryFellowship Bible Church of the Ozarks
- Rogersville, Missouri
- December 10
Children's PastorSouthhills Church
- Corona, California
- December 9
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Elementary DirectorWestwood Community Church
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- December 8
Early Childhood DirectorWestwood Community Church
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- December 8