We're looking for a seasoned Pastor who can provide vision and leadership to all aspects of adult and family discipleship at Life Bridge and actively seek ways to reach and strengthen families in our area.
You must have a thorough understanding of how adults grow both individually and in marriage and family life.
You must also have experience leading full time staff for you will lead our Generations Team comprised of our Pastor of Student Ministries and Pastor of Children’s Ministries while giving leadership to our adult discipleship strategy at Life Bridge.
The following will give you an idea as to the scope of this ministry position:
Family Discipleship (50%)
1. Oversee Legacy Milestones family discipleship strategy (or similar)
2. Train and oversee engagement mentors.
3. Marriage education and mentoring (all life-stages).
4. Parent education and mentoring (scope and sequence).
5. Actively work to strengthen families in our community through a variety of methods such as:
Date Night Wauconda
Marriage and parenting classes designed to reach unchurched couples
Adult Discipleship (50%)
1. Recruit, train and oversee main ministry leaders in the following areas:
Men’s and Women’s Ministry (we are complementarian)
Community Groups (Mid-sized congregations)
Life Groups (Community Group leaders recruit Life Group leaders)
2. With the aid of the Ministry Facilitator, strive to connect people into one of our Community Groups.
3. Oversee adult electives which take place once each year, usually in January and February.
4. Develop and oversee Explore Classes (electives that introduce newcomers to our church and key
Biblical principles, including membership, gifts, Peacemaking, Financial Peace, etc.).
1. Evangelical. You know Christ and the Word. (We are uncompromising with God's Word)
2. Graduate of an evangelical school such as Moody or Trinity International University / Seminary.
3. At least 5 to 10 years of full-time pastoral experience.
4. Life experience. Since you are leading families you must have a healthy, but not perfect marriage, with kids in grade school or older.
5. Positive, upbeat attitude. You love to laugh.
6. Understands the unique needs of men and women.
7. A team player. You work well with others.