Bethel Christian Fellowship (www.betheltwincities.org) is called to Radiate Life and Joy as a House of Prayer for All Nations. We are an intercultural church that is true to the Word and alive
in the Spirit. We characterize our church as having three strands of DNA: Inviting Hospitality, Intimate Spirituality, and Intentional Missionality.
Bethel Christian Fellowship seeks a Lead Pastor with a heart for and experience in cross-cultural ministry. The Bethel congregation is about 40% non-majority culture and 60% majority culture. The Lead Pastor will be the primary preaching/teaching pastor,
and he or she should model an open heart and home, passionate pursuit of God's presence, the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, and a strong missional outreach to our neighborhood and to the nations.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required for this position, although a master’s degree is preferred. The successful candidate will possess 5+ years of experience leading within a church or related setting. He or she should be equipped to emphasize
the following ministry priorities:
- Equipping and empowering of the BCF church body for the work of ministry
- Providing leadership vision that is centered in Christ, not issues or opinions
- Leading and encouraging a posture of intimacy with God through worship and prayer
- Preaching and teaching God's Word
- Building strong cross-cultural connections within the local community and with All Nations Family of Churches (www.allnationsfocus.org).
- Connect leaders, members, attenders, and guests to opportunities and relationships that will help them move from
beginning with God to belonging to God's family to believing in God wholly to
becoming whom God has called them to be.
- Communicate publicly (e.g. preaching, teaching, and writing) and personally (e.g. emails, phone calls and one-on-ones) the vision and values of our church as well as the strategies and steps necessary to walk in them personally and corporately.
- Coordinate with staff, elders, ministry coordinators, and small group leaders to facilitate the flow of ministry and discipleship in corporate gatherings (ministry scheduling, communion, baptisms, weddings, baby dedications, funerals, etc.), as well as
ministry teams in specific ministry areas (worship, children, music, etc.).
- Collaborate with ministers and ministries within the All Nations Family of Churches (ANFC), Twin Cities, and the Fellowship of Christian Assemblies (www.fcaministers.com) for the purpose of cooperative
efforts in mutual missions.
The Lead Pastor is mutually accountable to the other pastoral staff and the elders and is primarily responsible to the Senior Pastor of ANFC while functioning under the care of the Elder Board and Personnel Committee.
If you are interested in the Lead Pastor position, please email your cover letter and resume to the Lead Elder and the head of our Transition Listening Team,
Ken Holmgren by May 20 (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your cover letter, please include details of your experience in cross-cultural ministry, the work of the Holy Spirit in your
life and ministry, and the location of an online sermon for us to review. All inquiries and submissions will be responded to in a timely fashion.