Matthews United Methodist Church seeks 1-2 dynamic individuals of strong faith to creatively direct multi-faceted ministries designed to inspire our children and youth in music and worship. Candidates should express passions for working with and developing
lay leadership, for music education through a broad scope of musical/worship styles and genres, for collaborating with all creative disciplines, and most importantly, have a heart for children and youth in developing the next generation of worshippers and
The position(s) needing to be filled are as follows and can possibly be combined should the right candidate possess both the skills and passions to embrace the right combination(s).
- Children’s Music & Worship Director
- Currently, our children’s music & worship ministry (ages 3 – 6th grade) encompasses 4 graded choirs, 2 levels of creative music and chimes
- Older children also lead worship as acolytes, scripture readers and litany leaders
- Youth Music & Worship Director
- Our youth choir encompasses grades 7-12
- Youth play a significant role in leading our annual summer Music & Arts Camp (open to the public, averaging over 125 campers, K-6th grade each year)
- The Deep Worship Director
- The Deep is a monthly family focused worship service held on the 2nd Sunday of each month
- Youth lead worship through a variety of capacities at The Deep
We believe children and youth should play a significant role in leading worship on a regular basis. All our ensembles embrace a full spectrum of worship repertoire and lead worship in our modern, contemporary and traditional services. And Matthews UMC
embraces a great passion for including and serving children and youth with special needs.
Matthews UMC is a congregation of nearly 4,000 members in the community of Matthews, North Carolina located within the greater Charlotte area. Noted for its strength in multi-style/multi-venue worship, deep compassion and heart for mission, Matthews UMC
is poised to continue its strong growth, multi-generationally and multi-culturally for the Kingdom of God.
Candidates should have at minimum a degree in music education and/or comparable certifications. A preference will be given to several years of classroom experience and experience working within the context of a large church environment. In addition, candidates
should demonstrate excellent vocal musicianship, strong management skills and creative artistic discernment.
Applicants should contact:
Peter Leo, Director of Music & Worship Arts
Please include resume and 3 references with cover letter
Matthews United Methodist Church