Senior Program Minister
The Senior Program Minister reports directly to the Senior Minister.
The Senior Program Minister is responsible for all aspects of the programmatic life of Christ Church. This includes managing a program staff of five people focused on children and families, affinity groups, women’s ministry, LGBT programming, connections and communications, adult education and spiritual growth. The Senior Program Minister leads the outreach ministries of the church, including local and international projects. The Senior Minister also leads the stewardship and development of the church, ensuring resources for the church’s needs.
- Partner with staff program team to plan all programmatic aspects of church life. The current configuration of the staff is as follows:
Associate Minister: The Associate Minister is responsible for developing and executing programming for women’s groups, 20s/30s, youth (from about age 12 and up), confirmation, and various pastoral duties, including planning baptisms and marriages and sharing in worship leadership.
Director of Children and Families: The Director is responsible for developing and executing all p programming for families with children up to about age 12. This includes supervising and managing our Sunday School and nursery programs and providing opportunities for community and education for parents.
Director of Connections and Communications: The Director is responsible for the church’s connections ministry, which includes supporting, recruiting and organizing a connections group ministry, supporting the needs of other program staff in recruitment, managing ushers and greeters, recruiting new members and onboarding people into our various ministry areas. In addition, the Director oversees our communications efforts, both digitally and in print.
Education Associate: The Associate creates and delivers educational opportunities for adults, including our weekly Adult Forum. In addition, the Associate offers spiritual direction, retreats, prayer and other opportunities for spiritual and intellectual growth.
- While the staff configuration may change, the Senior Program Minister is primarily responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality programming in accordance with the church’s strategic vision.
- Interface with the Director of Music in order to coordinate programming across music offerings and programs.
- Lead weekly staff meetings.
- Report to Senior Minister. Strategize and evaluate staff in consultation with Senior Minister.
- Plans, executes and evaluates the outreach programming of Christ Church.
- Coordinates local outreach efforts in partnership with lay leadership. Current outreach includes the Sharing Table program, Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation, Comprehensive Night and Day School tutoring program, Concourse House and the Stop Hunger Now program.
- Provides leadership and support to Christ Church’s new initiatives in Washington Heights. Oversees program development of the Nest, a new initiative serving mothers with children 0-3 years of age. Provides administrative support to the site and liaisons with current congregation and pastor.
- Organizes, plans and coordinates mission project in Cartagena, Colombia. Plans regular trips with lay teams. Liaisons with leadership team in Colombia. Arranges for financial support and plans budget for programs.
- In general, the Senior Program Minister assumes responsibility for planning, strategizing, and implementing a comprehensive outreach program for the church that energizes and engages the congregation and has a positive impact on the community.
Stewardship and Development
- Plan and implement the annual stewardship campaign
- Research and collect the relevant data that will be communicated in publications. This can include data related to Christ Church, but also can include data concerning trends in general re: the church, charitable giving, etc.
- Recruit speakers for the 9 and 11 am services to promote the stewardship program and encourage giving.
- Develop and execute a meaningful communication plan to encourage wide participation in the giving programs of the church. This may include a stewardship booklet, a series of letters mailed to the congregation, and one-on-one meetings.
- Monitor budget with the Church Administrator, and be conversant so as to clarify with Treasurer questions or concerns from Leadership Council.
- Plan budget with Senior Minister and Church Administrator, taking special care to consider program needs, outreach efforts and stewardship capacity.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Fully ordained in a mainline Christian church.
- A Masters of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.
- Five to ten years’ experience in full-time parish ministry.
- Experience managing teams or supervising staff preferred.
- A sincere and mature Christian faith.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and familiarity with current trends in technology and social media.
Resumes only to: email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Our mission is simply worded: We seek to love God above all things and our neighbors as ourselves. We believe this is a mission of a lifetime and nurtures us into becoming Christian leaders for the world and church. More...