2614 Ocean Beach Hwy., Longview, WA 98632 • 360.423.3805 • www.northlake-church.org
PASTOR for YOUTH & WORSHIP
Founded in 1959, Northlake is a cell-church transitioned from a traditional church in 1998. We are historically a Baptist congregation with loose denominational connection (www.ABCNW.org) more closely aligned with DOVE Christian Fellowship International and the ministry of Larry Kreider. Our theology is conservative in nature, but embraces all of the spiritual gifts and ministry offices as valid and functioning in the church presently (we do not believe any one spiritual gift is the sign gift for the baptism of the Holy Spirit; we also have an apostolic ministry team and a prophetic ministry team). Our worship is marked by a movement from FOUNDATIONS (prophetic worship) to FRESH ENCOUNTER (full-band) to FAMILY WORSHIP (a hymn with piano and keyboard; family life, and the message with ministry time). We have a strong, well-developed commitment to the church of the city (one Body, many parts; one Church, many congregations) expressed in various regional ministries--of which we are fully participating; involvement in our community in a variety of missions and agencies; hosting a K-12 Christian school ministry (www.3riversschool.net) with the largest Early Learning Center in the state of Washington; operating a low-income senior adult retirement home; and founding members of the Three Rivers House of Prayer (www.trihop.org). Northlake also has a rich tradition of sister-church relationships in Mexico, the Philippines, Uganda, and Israel for the sake of reaching unreached people groups through short-term missions and partnership (we are a founding congregation of the DOVE Uganda Children's Fund--www.ducf.org). Northlake values team-ministry and long-term commitment from its staff which is overseen by the elders and administered by the senior pastor who has been with us for nearly 20 years.
The Pastor for Youth & Worship will have the primary responsibility for oversight of all youth and worship ministries. The pastor for youth and worship will also provide administrative oversight for worship support with the senior pastor, to provide scheduling, training, development, and the worship experience of the congregation in corporate settings. The position is full time—leading worship on Sundays and special services; leading FIRST WATCH worship the third Sunday every other month; overall responsibility for strategy and implementation of all youth ministries from middle school through college age; monthly newsletter articles; a 1-page monthly elder report; and other administrative responsibilities outlined below.
RESPONSBILITIES and RELATIONSHIPS
Work under the direct supervision of the senior pastor.
- Administrate the worship ministry expressed in Sunday morning settings—and other settings as agreed upon with the senior pastor:
8:30am-9:20am FOUNDATIONS—prophetic worship
9:30am-10:10am FRESH ENCOUNTER—kids worship with us!
(Preschool 2s & 3s is available for younger children)
10:10am-10:15am BREAK—kids released to FaithKids children’s ministries
10:15am-10:45am FAMILY WORSHIP (a hymn to gather us; communion on the first Sunday of each
month; baptisms; welcoming new members; Mission-of-the-Month;
announcements; the word of the Lord and prayer)
10:45am-11:30am FATHER'S HEART—message time
2. Provide complete oversight of worship team, including training and equipping events as agreed upon with the senior pastor.
3. Recruit, train and schedule sound and video techs. Familiarity with digital sound console, in-ear monitor systems, and basic lighting usage, maintenance and training is required. Knowledge of Behringer X32 digital console or similar and Behringer P-16 in-ear monitor systems a plus.
4. Monthly administrative responsibilities: newsletter, elder report, scheduling, trouble shooting, training, repertoire development, etc.
- Provide oversight for the total ministry to middle and senior high youth and college-age adults. This includes giving administrative oversight to youth meetings, Bible studies, youth camping, youth budget, youth leadership development, youth counseling, youth mission experiences, outreach, and other related youth activities.
- Recruit, train, and equip a ministry team to work with the church’s youth.
- Give complete oversight to youth/middle school Sunday classes including the recruitment, training and coordination of teaching staff.
- Provide support ministries to parents of youth.
- Lead an annual mission experience for the Northlake youth.
- If staff member possesses gifts, preach at times to be determined.
- Assume other short-term assignments as determined and/or approved by the senior pastor.
- Must be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, the ministry of the local Church, highly relational, who has a vision for and commitment to youth & worship ministry.
- Must be a visionary who has the ability to assess ministry needs, develop a ministry plan, and implement that plan to lead youth & worship ministry of excellence in tune with the leading of the Holy Spirit and the mission, vision, and ministry strategy of Northlake.
- Must possess the qualities and characteristics with demonstrated fruit of spiritual maturity, including, but not limited to devotion to prayer, regular time in the Word of God, tithing and good stewardship, evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, personal understanding and use of spiritual gifts, worship, and healthy family life.
- Must be committed to biblically informed ministry, conservative in theology (i.e., must affirm Northlake’s statement of faith without reservation), yet gracious toward individuals whose views may be different from your own.
- Must be willing to serve as a member of a pastoral team which views team ministry as the theologically appropriate model.
- Must be highly relational and able to motivate and work effectively with adults and teens for the purpose of training and leading.
- Must possess above average skills in the areas of public presentation.
- Must have demonstrated pastoral gifts, ministry experience, administrative effectiveness, broad comprehension of biblical doctrine or be in the process of developing in these areas.
- Must be licensed for the gospel ministry or moving toward that goal.
- Must be in full support of Northlake’s statement of faith, mission, vision, and ministry strategy, as a biblically functioning community (see website: www.northlake-church.org)
To be determined based on education, experience, qualifications, needs, etc.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Mark Schmutz, Northlake Church, 2614 Ocean Beach Hwy., Longview, WA 98632
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Founded in 1959, Northlake is a cell-church transitioned from a traditional church in 1998. We are a Baptist congregation with loose denominational connection (www.ABCNW.org) more closely aligned with DOVE Christian Fellowship International and the ministry of Larry Kreider. Our theology is conservative in nature, but embraces all of the spiritual gifts and ministry offices as valid and functioning in the church presently (we do not believe any one spiritual gift is the sign gift for the baptism of the Holy Spirit; we also have an apostolic More...