As the Family Pastor you are leading a team who is committed to reaching and guiding children (Birth to 5th grade) to discover Christ’s love personally. You are passionate about inciting WONDER IN THE HEART OF EVERY CHILD and helping preschoolers
embrace a God who is bigger than their imagination. You also feel God’s calling to SHEPHERD ELEMENTARY STUDENTS as they discover how to grow in relationship with Jesus.
You will have the broad responsibility for uniting the church and families of children in our Orange ministry, while partnering with parents to encourage, equip, and resource them with spiritual and practical insights as they raise their children. You will
be chartered with reaching more families for Christ and fostering a thriving and growing ministry. As a member of the Family Ministry Team, you will collaborate and co-lead Keystone’s Orange transformation, while leading Keystone’s Children’s Ministry strategy
and Special needs strategy, overseeing Pre-school, Elementary and Special Needs ministries, staff and budget, and developing future ministry leaders and volunteers.
You have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for reaching and equipping children and their parents for Christ. You possess abilities and strengths in:
- Leadership development, strategy & outreach
- Relationship building, shepherding & team building
- Communicating & teaching
- Program planning & scheduling
You will report to the Executive Director, be pastorally mentored by the Lead Pastor and lead the Children’s Ministry Team and Special Needs Volunteers to create relationally driven environments. These environments are where children/students can find faith
and continue to take next steps in their faith journey as they grow in maturity, serve selflessly and strengthen community. With a ‘Think Orange’ strategy, you will be chartered to invest in parents just as much as the children.
This is a full-time position with healthcare benefits available.
- Growing vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Experience leading a high-capacity team
- Great at building and leading teams, and developing leaders
- Naturally casts vision for family ministry
- ‘People magnet’ (likable) and relationally connects with children, students and parents
- Passionate about a partnership between parents and the church
- Effective communicator of core truth to children, students and parents
- Effective teacher of God’s Word with relevant application to today’s culture, at Sunday worship experiences
- Creative! An expert on Millennial culture, student culture, and ‘Think Orange’ / North Point model
- Evangelist! Intuitively connects and builds relationships with unbelievers, and seeks out opportunities to talk about spiritual matters
- Strategic thinker
- Team player
- Completed ministerial degree with 5+ years of pastoral experience
Pastoral Mentor: Ken Gilmore, Lead Pastor
Reports to: Christine Solis, Executive Director
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (typically Sunday through Thursday)
Keystone is a growing Wesleyan church of 1,650 with 750 weekly attendees. Our
mission is to "love and lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, by creating a church that people love to attend, especially those new to church."
We are located in Saline, Michigan, recently named “Best Place to Raise Kids in Michigan” by Bloomberg Business Week. Having been recognized for its desirability, Saline is the only small city to be named three consecutive times as one of the best cities
to live by CNN Money Magazine. Located next to Ann Arbor, home of University of Michigan, people enjoy the eclectic urban vibe, vibrant downtown setting, and ethnic diversity. The college town boasts action packed sporting events, numerous park and recreational
venues, and something for art aficionados of any age. While the university remains a significant contributor to the city’s economic success, the metropolitan area is also home to many high-tech, healthcare, and higher education businesses and institutions.
To apply, e-mail Christine Solis at email@example.com with your:
- Letter of interest
- Personal testimony
- Links to sample teachings/sermons.
A detailed job description can be found at http://keystonechurch.us/job-postings/.
For additional information about Keystone Church visit: