Hermitage Hills exists to see people experience LIFE change through Jesus Christ!
Associate Minister of Preschool
The Associate Minister of Preschool is responsible for the further development, leadership, administration and promotion of the preschool ministry at Hermitage Hills Baptist Church.
Ministry Area: Treehouse (Preschool)
Position: Associate Minister of Preschool
Accountable To: Minister of Preschool and Children
Ministry Target: Babies-Kindergarten and their Parents
Position Is: Part-Time Paid Staff
Education: High school diploma
Talents or Abilities Desired: Working knowledge of computers, software programs, and office equipment • Experience working with children and children’s programming • Experience in recruiting and retaining volunteers
Best Personality Traits: Hospitable, not shy (or able to overcome shyness) • Sensitive to needs and feelings of others • Dependable• • Organizer • Resolve interpersonal conflict in a positive and effective manner • Multi-task • Detail oriented • Work both independently and collaborative to achieve ministry goals
Passion For: Spiritual growth of children, leading others in developing their spiritual gifts, partnering with parents
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry: Communicate with volunteers during the week and on weekends, oversee curriculum organization and implementation, actively recruit more volunteers, weekends – be available during and between services for any assistance preschool may have, oversee room set up. Responsible for staffing Treehouse each Sunday.
- Participating in meetings/training: There will be weekly next generation staff meetings, all staff meetings, and children’s team staff meetings that you will need to attend.
- Volunteer Training: You will be responsible to help facilitate and run training for all Treehouse volunteers.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for all Treehouse rooms on weekends.
- Cast vision for the program in accordance with the overall vision of Hermitage Hill’s Children’s Ministry.
- Pray regularly for teachers, kids, and others involved in the ministry.
- Recruit teachers and leaders to ensure adequate staffing.
- Maintain volunteer calendar.
- Secure substitute volunteers when needed.
- Create training materials and procedures.
- Provide training, encouragement, and support to volunteers.
- Organize curriculum, prepare materials and crafts as needed.
10. Purchase, stock, and organize preschool room. Inspect toys and equipment to be sure they are in good condition and age appropriate.
11. Participate in volunteer appreciation activities.
12. Reach out on a personal level to volunteers by sending cards, emails, and phone calls.
13. Send birthday cards to volunteers once a month.
14. Assist with design, writing, and publication of materials relating to the ministry.
15. Keep current on literature dealing with children’s ministry.
16. Work as a team with Minister of Preschool and Children on selection and purchasing of curriculum and other resources.
17. Assist children’s ministry staff with special events and programs related to children. (Backyard Kids Club . . .)
18. Keep within your budget and manage the church resources wisely.
19. Be evaluated concerning job performance on an ongoing basis.
20. As requested by the Minister of Preschool and Children.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills. It is intended to be a reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation and employment decisions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21