Vision and Mission of 290 Community Church
290 CC exists to exalt Christ by making disciples that make disciples. We drink deep of Christ and flow to others from neighborhoods to nations. We are a Church plant that is 1 year old and are eager to continue to build on what the Lord has been doing
this past year.
The Role of the Worship Leader
This role combines an ability to lead people towards the Throne of God with musical skill and character of heart. This person is a team player who sees The Gathering, our weekly worship service, as a part of the overall mission of making disciples that
make disciples. They will lead the Creative Gathering Team whose oversight is the carrying out of ministry on Saturday nights for the Gathering. The Creative Gathering Team oversees the A/V and any other creative elements that go into The Gathering. We
believe the right candidate will be able to build strong relationships with the church.
- Reporting structure- Report to the Lead Pastor of 290 Community Church.
- Relationship to Volunteers- This person will be a coach and leader of volunteers as well as serve them in anyway possible.
- Participation expectations- Expected to attend the weekly worship service, The Gathering as well as be involved in a Life Group (a community of believers who seek to live on Mission in their neighborhoods, workplaces, and places of hobby). Currently, The
Gathering is held on Saturday evenings and Life Groups meet on the second and fourth Sunday mornings.
- Ephesians 4:11-13. Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another and the body of believers.
- Oversee all worship and musical elements for the church.
- Manage planningcenteronline.com. Ensure that materials for the worship team are online at the appropriate time.
- Manage worship team rehearsals. Ensure that the worship team is able to play songs with excellence.
- Identify, invite, mentor, and empower leaders to be a part of the worship and creative arts ministry.
- Disciple those on your ministry team with the foresight that those people will go and make disciples. Our value is to "Make disciples that make disciples."
- Serve as the primary worship leader.
- Communicate with other worship pastors and watch other church services to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the worship experience.
- You love Jesus.
- You love the local church.
- You embody the core values of 290 Community Church (We must first be led by Jesus. Prayer is the work. The Bible is central to our lives. We don’t go to church, We are the Church. People typically belong before they believe. Every Life Group has the
DNA of the Church. Every believer is a minister and ministry is not a spectator sport. Any vision smaller than the world is too small a vision. We are a spiritual leadership factory).
- You have a strong work ethic and a “get it done” mentality.
- You have an attitude of constant improvement.
- You are teachable.
- You love working with people and you’re not a lone ranger.
- You can manage projects.
- You are a planner.
- You have great references.
- If you are married, you are a good spouse. If you have kids, you are a good parent.
- Local candidates only.
Hours and Compensation
- This is a part-time position (up to 24 hours).
- Healthcare benefits are not included.
- This position will receive an expense account.
To Apply: Send your resume, a brief life story describing your call, a doctrinal statement (or that you have read ours and agree with our statement of faith ( http://www.290cc.org/about/#beliefs ), a philosophy of worship and ministry, and a
link to you leading worship to email@example.com.