The purpose of the position of Pastor of Adult Ministries is to provide leadership, supervision, and administration of opportunities for connection within the body (welcoming, affinity connections, groups, membership, outreach and the like).
Qualifications and Characteristics of an ideal candidate for this position include:
- Master of Divinity Degree
- Attractional personality that assimilates easily with the professional community
- Good history of recruiting and training volunteers
- Good communicator including, but not limited to, preaching and teaching
- Detailed orientated
- Effective leadership, management, and administration.
- Ability to recruit, hire, develop, and supervise personnel.
- Ability to communicate, problem solve, and process conflict resolution.
- Spiritual gifts: leadership, administration, evangelism, mercy, hospitality.
The essential functions of this position include:
- Conceptualize, design, implement, and evaluate a welcoming ministry that helps people feel welcome, connect with affinity groups within the body, and provide linkages to the ministries of the church.
- Facilitate a follow-up process for ensuring that visitors and new attender’s needs and requests are handled properly, effectively, and efficiently.
- Coordinate the assignment and evaluate the performance of support personnel for weekend services including ushers, welcoming personnel and other related personnel.
- Provide management of welcome services including visitor follow-up, Newcomer’s luncheons, membership and baptism.
- Conceptualize adult ministry learning in accordance with a development philosophy that moves believers to spiritual maturity and unbelievers to faith.
- Provide on ramps through key affinity groups/life stages including at a minimum; Young Adults, Families, Men, Women, Care, Empty Nesters, and Older Singles.
- Create leadership structures personally or through staff/volunteers for above on-ramps that move people into groups.
- Identify, recruit, train, resource and evaluate leaders for connection opportunities such as small groups.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and improve an orientation/membership class that will orient visitors, introduce interested persons to membership requirements and offer ministry and connecting opportunities.
- Provide preaching and teaching as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Provide teaching in selected adult ministry areas to supplement lay teachers.
- Measure ministry progress and outcomes through systematic assessment of areas of ministry responsibility correlated with the mission, values and strategic initiatives of the church.
- Provide oversight of adult ministry paid staff as well as volunteer leadership teams.
- Develop, provide, oversee and manage the budget for supervised ministry areas.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorFull Gospel Assembly
- Winter Park, Florida
- October 1
Assoiciat Director (Pastor)Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Associate Pastor of Care MinistriesTrinity United Presbyterian Church
- Santa Ana, California
- September 29
Pastor of Congregational CareGood News Church
- Ocala, Florida
- September 29
Christ Community Church
Christ Community Church is located in Rochester, the third-largest city in Minnesota. The city has been frequently recognized by Money Magazine, since the 1980's, as one of the best places to live in the United States, ranging from the best overall to the best in the Midwest. Christ Community Church was established in 1967 and remained at church of about 100 for 25 years. Currently we are averaging over 1,600 attendees on a weekend. Christ Community Church owns 30 acres for construction of a new church which we plan to comme More...