GET TO KNOW CENTREVILLE BAPTIST CHURCH
- CBC is located in the western suburbs of the Washington, D.C. in area that is saturated with Federal Government, government defense firms, all branches of the military, technology firms, and corporations of all sizes. We are located minutes from a national
battlefield and 22 miles from Washington D.C providing a culture rich in history, yet within an hour of beautiful mountains and less than three hours from the closest beach.
- Education is of high value in the local culture with the majority of the students continuing their education into college. Our families live in five different counties enduring the longest average workday commute time in the country, making weeknight activities
a challenge. We have a large number of home school families in attendance, a few who attend private schools and the majority who attend public schools. We have a large number of families where both parents work outside the home because of the high cost of
living. Our families work hard, travel often, and deal with stress that is higher than most other suburban areas of our country.
- Centreville is a multi-ethnic community. Caucasian residents comprise approximately 57% of the community and we have a large Asian community equaling approximately 25% of the residents. Because of this we are seeking to be “Many Peoples One Body” as we
focus on being multi-ethnic. We currently offer four heart language community groups for Korean, Hispanic, and Chinese speakers.
- CBC is also striving to be a strong multi-generational church with a recently renewed focus on attracting and engaging young families and young adults of the millennial generation. In the past two years we have grown a new college age community group, young
single community group, and a group for young married couples.
- CBC is a biblically conservative church. You can find our statement of faith with more information including our mission and what we believe on our website.
- We provide worship opportunities in two distinct formats: 9:15 am Celebration service led by our Choir & Orchestra and 10:45 am Contemporary/modern service which is band led.
CBC is looking to fill the role of AV/Technical Director. The AV/Technical Director is responsible for the oversight and operation of all audio, video and lighting systems as well as all production volunteers, which includes recruiting, training and development
of volunteers in use of all major technical systems.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Technical Producer for Sunday services and special events
- Manage Volunteer Production Team by exhibiting Christian leadership, positive coaching and skill development
- Work closely and in-step with the worship pastor to implement a shared vision for Sunday services as well as other ministry leaders for all ministry AV needs
- Responsible for all technical systems: audio, video, lighting on the entire campus
- Develop and manage AV budget
- Ensure high technical standards for all events and services at CBC
- Function as project manager for new AV initiatives and/or upgrades
A WEEK IN THE LIFE OF THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
- Provide training, scheduling, and leadership to volunteer production team
- Oversee programming and production of Sunday services, as well as Wednesday and Thursday rehearsals, and other special events
(weddings, funerals, seasonal events, conferences)
- Program unique lighting, visuals, and sound to complement the music and message in a way that creates a special and immersive worship experience
- Attend production and staff meetings as required
- Project manage production upgrades, repairs, and new installation for all production spaces
- Provide programming and technical assistance to other CBC ministries
- Maintain quality audio recording and editing of weekly services for distribution
- A truly devoted disciple of Jesus Christ with a servant’s heart
- Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree, technical school degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience (Job experience will also be considered in lieu of college degree)
- 4+ years working in a live production or church environment
- A working knowledge of Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, analog and digital mixing consoles (large format), lighting systems, intercom systems, PC and MAC computers, and audio recording software (DiGiCo and WAVES a plus)
- Proven ability to lead and work well with all levels of staff and volunteers
- A “do whatever it takes” attitude to better serve the church and its mission
- Passion for using the technical arts to create a meaningful worship experience
- Flexibility is a must as this position requires working evenings and weekends
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and use good judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, and be a team player
- Ability to receive and process feedback effectively
Please contact Cindy Hall at email@example.com