UUMC Position Description
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CLERGY
Reports to: The Appointed Clergy
Effective: July 1, 2016
Status: Full Time (yet to be confirmed)
Position Purpose and Vision: The Executive Assistant is an extension of the ministry of the pastors of University United Methodist Church, who value the position as such. The Executive Assistant contributes actively to the community of the staff and to the ministry of the church. The Assistant's responsibilities are integral to fulfilling the church's mission of transforming lives by loving God, serving others, and building Christian community.
- Provide support for all appointed clergy.
- Receive and communicate pastoral care and member needs, between clergy, faith community nurse, and members, maintaining the prayer list.
- Administer pastoral care visitation schedule, including the On-Call Schedule.
- Maintain clergy calendars and prioritize clergy duties and tasks.
- Receive incoming calls for all clergy, including answering questions, requests, and concerns.
- Manage incoming email for pastors, including answering questions, requests, and concerns.
- Sort US postal mail and sort in order of importance
- Perform organizational and preparatory tasks in support of pastors' ministry responsibilities.
- Schedule staff meetings and prepare meeting agenda.
- Assist pastors' committees as needed (i.e. Church Council, Lay Leadership, Stewardship, etc.)
- Prepare Charge Conference Report, Lay Leadership Report and attend Charge Conference; prepare Table I in January.
- Help plan and schedule staff retreats.
- Attend weekly program staff meeting and take notes.
- Maintain the “Quiet Care” list of shut-ins.
- Type pastoral and church business correspondence at pastors' request.
- Assist the pastors with some personal responsibilities that influence ministry effectiveness.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of Administrative or Personal Assistance experience.
- Working with volunteers.
- Passion for Christian faith and enthusiastic support of UUMC's mission to love God, serve others and build Christian community.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of online project management applications (such as Podio, Sign-Up Genius, MS One Drive).
- Ability and enthusiasm for learning new software and technologies.
- Ability to make decisions and show initiative in problem-solving.
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to support multiple clergy, and handle multiple assignments, plans, and priorities.
- Ability to learn and understand United Methodist organizational and leadership structures.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (PASTOR)Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Media DirectorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Minister of Administration and FacilitiesWillow Drive Baptist Church
- Lake Jackson, Texas
- September 28
Student Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Reformed Church
- Ripon, California
- September 27
Director of Ministry AdministrationPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- September 26