EvFree Fullerton is looking for a Worship Pastor.
This might be you if:
YOU ARE PASSIONATE...
About Jesus. About worship. About spreading God’s kingdom deeper into our city and the world.
YOU ARE GIFTED...
At leading thousands of people in corporate worship. At singing, playing an instrument, and
musically leading bands. At developing and empowering young worship leaders.
YOU ARE MOTIVATED...
To push the boundaries of creative worship. To work with dozens of gifted volunteer musicians. To
team with an energetic staff and leadership team, who value innovation over fear of failure.
We are watching God move in our midst, and are prayerfully dedicated to finding exactly who God wants for our next season. If this sounds like you, please keep reading...
The Worship Pastor oversees the worship culture at EvFree with an aim to create space for
people in community to engage the mind’s attention and the heart’s affection toward God.
With more than 3000 in weekly attendance, the Worship Pastor is primarily responsible for
the overall planning and execution of all of our contemporary-based worship services with a
mindset of engaging multiple generations, while leaning towards the next generation.
Reports to: Creative & Communications Pastor
Works: Full time, exempt
Works with: Worship Producer, Technical Director, Lead Pastor
Weekly service review and debrief—celebrating, analysis, questions, getting
Weekly tactical & service planning work—prayerful consideration of and detailing
of creative service planning, song selection, and service elements (prayer, offering,
Communication about services with team members and volunteers.
Short-term (creative strategy & tactics) and Long-term (brainstorm, create, envision
& imagine, research) strategic planning of worship services.
Rehearse and Lead Worship—30%
- Rehearse bands and vocalists.
- Lead 3 services on Sunday mornings, and oversee Sunday evening service worship.
- Includes attendance at and leadership in pre-service production meetings as well as post-service duties.
Leading & Developing a Worshipping Community—20%
- Recruit, oversee, and develop team of Worship Interns.
- Create and champion a process for recruiting, auditioning and onboarding new band members and singers.
- Select and train worship leaders and songwriters.
- Host and implement worship gatherings and events.
- Pastor the worship community team through personal connection, teaching on worship theology and practical training.
- Cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines.
- Participate in Core Team and all staff meetings, and other church gatherings.
- Pastor-on-call one time a month for 2 days.
To apply: send a resume, cover letter and video/audio links to Barbara.Shaible@evfreefullerton.com.
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read EvFree Fullerton’s
Statement of Faith
All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of
the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation
of alignment with EvFree Fullerton’s Statement of Faith.