First United Methodist Church-Sikeston is a large (500+ in worship), growing church that exists to lead people in new life with Jesus. We are currently seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to lead ministries with children (birth-6th grade) and their families. An ideal candidate for this position is someone highly-motivated, spiritually mature, highly relational, and excels at building teams and recruiting leaders. The ideal candidate is a person who is constantly evaluating effectiveness, changing, learning and trying to serve God in greater and more meaningful ways.
Responsibilities will include:
Creating and administering the best children’s ministry in Sikeston.
- Oversee all Sunday morning and First UMC weekday ministries for children, including but not limited to classes, nursery and additional child care needs.
- Consistently identify, recruit, and train new leaders with the goal of increased excellence and participation.
- Integrate spiritual formation for children in ways that engage parents/guardians at home. Help parents be their children’s best pastors.
- Oversee cleaning, organizing, and prep of all children’s areas and resources.
- Develop support systems for evaluating and supporting leaders.
Shape the vision of First Kids:
- Cast vision of First Kids in ways that are compelling and invite parents/guardians to be active participants.
- Develop a children’s team that helps vision, design, evaluate and improve children’s ministries at First UMC.
- Choose and evaluate curriculum.
- Implement new and creative forms of spiritual formation for new generations.
Plan and oversee special children/family events (holiday events, summer events, community events, etc.); paying special attention to cultivating ways for families to connect with each other.
Work collaboratively with staff and leaders of First UMC.
- Advocate and bridge gaps between First Kids and other ministries of First UMC (worship, growth groups, missions, etc.).
- Oversee and administer Children’s Ministry budget and finances.
Oversee and administer First United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Demonstrated experience of recruiting, equipping, developing, and supporting leaders and other volunteers.
- Is able to think strategically about goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and best practices for ministry.
- Is willing to receive constructive feedback and is constantly cultivating a teachable spirit.
- Is comfortable and knowledgeable with different models of children’s ministry and is committed to provide ministry that is relevant, dynamic, and Christ-centered.
- Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.
- Ability to share the Christian faith with children and their families.
- Must be committed to the vision of leading people in new life with Jesus.
- Is comfortable and committed to the theology and practices of The United Methodist Church.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in related field, or at least 2 years of experience in a similar position, or experience that demonstrates the skills, talents and capability needed to be successful in this position.
- Knowledge and appreciation of different learning styles and education methods.
- Compensation negotiable.
Check us out at TheFunChurch.org. Applicants should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's DirctorPrivate Profile
- Saint Petersburg, Florida
- January 19
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
- lakeland, Florida
- January 18
First United Methodist, Sikeston
First United Methodist Church-Sikeston is a large (500+ in worship), growing church in Southeast Missouri that exists to lead people in new life with Jesus. We've been around almost 150 years, and yet continues to re-imagine itself to reach new generations. We are a community of deeply committed Christ followers who are focused on being a church who focuses outside the walls of the church. We see God most clearly when we step outside of our comfort zone, to the place of faith. More...