Woodridge Baptist Church (WBC) of Kingwood, TX (Houston area) is in search of a Senior Pastor due to the pending retirement of its current Pastor who has served Woodridge for the past 25 years. Woodridge is a Pastor led, committee facilitated, and congregational
ruled body of Christ. WBC is a congregation with an average worship attendance of 750 and an annual budget of $3.2M supporting 30 staff members and associated ministries. Woodridge is a member of the Union Baptist Association (UBA), Baptist General Convention
of Texas (BGCT), Southern Baptist Convention, and adheres to the principles of the Baptist Faith and Message. Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter that includes their personal testimony, spiritual gifts,
and ministry calling to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submittal is June 30, 2016.
The Senior Pastor is ultimately responsible to God for the functioning, leadership and vision of the church. The Senior Pastor is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the congregation, staff and ministries of the church.
The Senior Pastor’s ministry purpose is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach Biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care, and provide spiritual leadership in all areas of church life and function. The Senior Pastor must be a man who exemplifies
a godly character and is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Plans and conducts worship services, develops and delivers sermons, provides oversight to all messages delivered from the pulpit, coordinates services with creative arts leadership and leads in the observance of ordinances (Lord’s Supper and Baptism).
- Models personal evangelism and leads the congregation to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
- Oversees and leads pastoral care including visits to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
- Conducts Biblical counseling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies and conducts funeral services.
- Works with Church staff and other key leadership members to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
- Advises all official Church committees as a non-voting member.
- Moderates church business meetings encouraging Christ-like behavior and proper handling of church business.
- Leads creation, review and final draft of the church annual budget including review of current year cash flow and expenditures along with future projections. Presents final proposed budget to the church and oversees budget adherence throughout the year.
- Cooperates with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
- Overseer of all church staff through supervision of Creative Arts, Ministry, and Administrative/Financial Pastors.
- Oversees all church discipline and management of conflict.
- Ensures adherence to the Church Bylaws and Policies and Procedures.
- The qualified candidate will be a godly man above reproach and possess the Biblical qualities of I Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Minimum education requirement is a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) from an accredited seminary or divinity school.
- Proven leadership is crucial to this position and the qualified candidate will have the ability to effectively manage a team executing the church’s vision. The successful candidate will also be able to confront difficult situations and manage change. Therefore,
a minimum of 10 years previous staff ministerial experience is required with 5 of those years in the role of Senior Pastor being preferred. Candidates must have prior supervisory experience and be able to demonstrate a record of historic church growth in
their previous ministerial position(s).
- The preferred candidate will be between the ages of 35 and 50 with the ability to relate to and reach all generations within the Church and community.
- Commitment to and record of Missions support and personal participation is essential.
- The qualified candidate must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule, possessing excellent time management skills along with the ability to multi-task effectively.