About The MET
Located in Northwest Houston, The MET celebrated it's 50th anniversary in 2015. Average weekly attendance in worship at our Jones Road campus is just under 2,000 and our Kids ministry serves about 600 children each Sunday. The MET is an eclectic community
of people and their stories and there is a basic reason that we exist – to go and make disciples of Jesus, who go and make disciples of Jesus. We believe that making disciples is the highest function of any community of faith.
The MET is one church with two locations, and our promise to you is that we will be a community of believers who relationally disciple people in small groups, and who demonstrate the love of Christ to those in our communities and around the world. We will
celebrate with you, help encourage you as you grow in Christ, and we will do life together. To find out more, visit us at http://themetonline.org.
Candidates who live in the Northwest Houston area are preferred.
The Associate Kids Pastor at The MET Church (Jones Rd. Campus) must be capable of overseeing all aspects of the Children’s ministry for elementary ages (1st – 5th Grade) as we serve the kids and families in our community. This includes
planning, coordinating, executing and leading worship services, small groups, special events, children’s discipleship and family connections. The role also consists of responsibilities for recruiting, placing, training, developing and motivating volunteers
within the Kids ministry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strong leadership in the Kids ministry. This includes vision casting, clear & consistent communication, process improvements, programming enhancements, modeling excellent standards of performance, building close relationships with parents/families,
being results focused and thinking strategically (big picture).
- Desire and ability to articulate and demonstrate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to children.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Kids ministry for elementary ages (1st – 5th grade)
- Serve as an advocate, role model, spiritual mentor and encourager of our children and their families
- Assist in developing and communicating annual Kids ministry calendar of activities and events
- Research, evaluate and recommend curriculum and small group resources as necessary
- Responsible for the overall preparation and execution of weekly services (large & small group) including Sunday morning and mid-week services
- Develop and implement clear strategy to recruit, place, train, develop, evaluate, motivate, reward and appreciate Kids volunteers.
- Develop, communicate and ensure execution of all safety procedures and requirements.
- Identify and implement new opportunities for spiritual growth for our children and their families.
- Regularly observe volunteer performance and provide effective feedback for improvement.
- Collaborate on efforts to communicate and publicize Kids ministry events & activities.
- Support annual budgeting process and perform necessary spending & expense procedures
- Regularly consult with parents and volunteers to better understand their expectations & concerns
- Demonstrate project management ability by taking a project/event from ideation to completion. This includes ensuring clarity of desired outcomes, identifying required tasks, clear communication to staff & volunteers, execution and follow-up.
- Growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation.
- An attested call to full-time ministry serving children and their families, including: teaching, proclaiming the gospel, nurturing spiritual growth and leadership development.
- Ability to train others to assist with ministering to children.
- Agrees and acts in accordance with doctrine and beliefs of The MET Church.
- Ability to creatively communicate the Word of God.
- Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Member of The MET Church (or willing to transfer membership to The MET Church).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline preferred. Commitment to continuing education.
- At least 1 -2 years of related children’s ministry experience required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with MAC IOS helpful.