Position/title: Senior Pastor
Call: Living Water Church is currently looking for an experienced Senior Pastor.
Location: Living Water Church, located at 3075 Prospect Drive, Sun Prairie, WI 53590. We are located on the western edge of Sun Prairie, WI. We are sandwiched between Sun Prairie and Madison, the state capital of Wisconsin.
Salary range: $45,000-$60,000 (including benefits)
Denomination: Independent; with associations with Alliance of Renewal Churches, Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) and The River.
Weekly attendance: 100-130
Who we are looking for:
It is our prayer that the person whose heart and spirit respond to this call will bring to our people:
Someone who loves God’s word and God’s people. As a missional leader, the Senior Pastor will lead the church by word and example to love God supremely and to love others sacrificially. In fulling their role, the Senior Pastor will preach God’s word with power and clarity, shepherd God’s people with love and compassion and lead Christ’s church with wisdom, humility and a teachable spirit.
The Senior Pastor would strive to develop our generations of believers and grow a strong community presence. Experience in equipping and mentoring other leaders is essential.
Our new Senior Pastor should believe that Ephesian 4:11 is still God’s purpose for the church: that apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors (or shepherds) and teachers remain active and valid offices in the contemporary Christian church.
A Senior Pastor would have a daily walk that reflects an intimacy, joy and peace of the Holy Spirit’s presence in their lives.
Sun Prairie is home to some 31,800 people. It is the third fastest growing community in Wisconsin. It has a vibrant social and cultural mélange with new schools, an aquatic center, its own children’s television channel, an annual corn fest fair week, bike trails, and all the businesses you would expect in a community of our size. The community has a strong volunteer spirit as evidenced by “Sunshine Supper” which works to provide meals to those in our community.
Who we are:
Living Water Church was founded in 1999 as a mission church for the Evangelical Lutheran Churches of America (ELCA), originally holding its first services in a local catholic church in the evenings. It opened a storefront in the eastern business section of Sun Prairie in 2001. We purchased land on the western side of Sun Prairie and opened our present building in 2005. Living Water Church left the ELCA in 2012 over differences in the direction that denomination was taking. We have had one pastor since the founding of our church and he stepped down in June of 2015 under cloudy skies.
As a congregation, we have had to refocus and reset ourselves. Our first pastor was called to establish us in the community. We are now reaching out to the next leader that God has called. This new pastor will help us to fulfill the destiny into which we are walking. We are to be the light in our community, reflecting the love and graciousness of our God. We are to call many into his kingdom, disciple them well, and release them onto the world, full of His spirit and grace.
We have been described as a Bible-based, prayer-guided, Spirit-driven church with a contemporary worship style and a passion to be relevant, relational, and life-changing. Our motto is: “Relationships are Everything”.
Our purpose is to see Christians live on the cutting edge with God, striking at the darkness until it bleeds through with the light of Christ, so that the least, the last and the lost are touched by the love of God and the people of God live into their destiny as world changers.
- Master of divinity from a Living Water Church approved institution or a bachelor degree with commensurate experience.
- Willing to live in this community or within 10 miles of the church.
- Leadership, organizational, and administrative skills to accomplish your responsibilities.
- Compassion for the least, the last and the lost who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and who can bring them to that relationship.
- A desire to seek the fullness of God through the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, growing in the fruits of the Spirit (Gal 5:22, 23) and the gifts of the Spirit (1 Cor 12).
- Ability to recognize conflict and implement resolution among congregation and/or staff in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of prayer evangelism and marketplace ministry.
- Recognizes Living Water Church is a Spirit-led, prayer driven church, shepherded by a Senior Pastor who with the board of Elders has final authority over the life and activities of this congregation.
- Is able to constructively carry the spiritual and emotional burdens of leading a growing, diverse congregation.
- Is spiritually healthy, prayerfully focused, and growing in personal discipleship.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality pertaining to sensitive matters involving the church and any of its individual members.
- Continues to recognize prayer as a foundational value at Living Water Church and maintains a prayer shield covering over themselves, family, leadership of the church and congregation at all times.
- Prayerfully focused and in a peer accountability relationship.
- Expect to be on call 7 days a week at any hour of the day. If the Senior Pastor for any reason cannot be available (such as vacation, etc.) it will be the responsibility of the Senior Pastor and Elders to have a backup plan in place so that this very important ministry is covered 24/7.
If you feel that Living Water Church may be where the Holy Spirit is calling you, please follow this link http://livingwaterflows.com/senior-pastor-application/ to our landing platform where the official application plus a series of questions can be found. After completing the application, please follow the directions there to send your application to our drop box. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Magnolia, Texas
- December 6
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Living Water Church
Living Water Church was founded on prayer, and prayer continues to guide and shape us in our relationship with God. It is our passion and desire to help everyone in their walk with God as he develops relationships that truly transform lives. More...