Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Oversee all areas of spiritual equipping for the youth that are connected with First Baptist Church.
2. Develop a partnership between the parents of youth and the youth ministry to help equip families in issues they face.
3. Enlist and train adult volunteers to shepherd, teach, and reach youth.
4. Provide missions and ministry opportunities for youth.
5. Oversee all outreach and evangelism involving youth in our community.
6. Be responsible for youth resources (literature, media, etc.).
7. Participate with other churches in cooperative youth programs.
1. Introduce/educate youth to God’s plan for global Christianity.
2. Provide mission opportunities for local, national and international work.
3. Prepare youth to live a life on mission with the gospel for the glory of God.
4. Enlist and train adult sponsors and leaders for mission activities.
Youth Social Activities
1. Cast and implement a vision for intentional “bridge” events that allow students to connect with unchurched friends.
2. Organize and oversee intentional opportunities for fellowship.
3. Create an atmosphere and culture within the church family that will cause families and students to want to participate.
Youth Ministry to Non-Members
1. Plan and help cast a vision for youth to plug into activities outside the local church.
2. Be watchful and open to serve on committees, boards, and other groups which work with youth, e.g. schools, community, and businesses for the purpose of cultural influence.
Parents of Youth
1. Create and establish a healthy equipping ministry for parents.
2. Provide opportunities for parents to have time together for fellowship, prayer, equipping and worship.
1. Oversee and partner with the Associate minister for Youth and Recreation.
2. Be involved in individual growth and development as a Minister for Youth.
3. Meet on a regular basis with the Executive Pastor for Equipping.
4. Attend staff meetings and retreats as required.
5. Be available to assist in corporate worship services.
6. Assist with hospital visitation of church members.
7. Calendarize and publicize all youth events in timely manner, keeping the church’s communication guidelines in mind
8. Be involved in the visitation ministry of the church, particularly to youth.
9. Propose and manage annual youth budget for adoption by the church.
10. Support the ministries of the church.
1. Directly supervise the Associate Minister for Youth and Recreation and the youth intern(s).
2. Directly supervise youth-related employees and volunteers.
3. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the First Baptist Belton’s policies and applicable laws. Assure safety and child-protection guidelines are followed for all youth activities.
4. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees and volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and volunteers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
1. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
2. Seminary degree completed or in progress preferred.
Walk with the Lord
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior, striving to mature as a Christian and bear fruit.
2. Be an active member in good standing with First Baptist Belton.