University United Methodist Church is located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. Positioned between Texas Christian University (TCU) and the city’s largest public high school, University is committed to sharing the love of Jesus Christ with the neighbors
in our dynamic and diverse local community.
The Contemporary Worship Leader will lead the congregation in worship through music. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Choose music for the Contemporary Worship Service in communication with the Senior Pastor.
- Lead Praise Team rehearsals including the following components: Bible study and devotion, prayer, development of the theology and purpose of worship, and music rehearsal.
- Research and explore current trends in Contemporary Worship and music. Introduce the Praise Team and congregation to new music on a regular basis.
- Participate on Contemporary Worship Planning Team. Bring creative ideas and study the theme scripture for each service in preparation for Team meetings.
- Coordinate and train volunteers for sound and video for all worship services.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor on music for special worship services (Holy Week, Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, prayer services, etc.) and plan music-led worship services.
- Coordinate regular maintenance and repair for all A/V and instruments in use.
- Prepare annual budget requests for the Committee on Finance as requested.
Qualifications required for this position include:
- High School graduate, college or professional work equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to Contemporary Worship
- Musical talent, knowledge and ability to lead musicians, vocal skills preferred
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements of the MinistrySafe protection policy; adherence to all facets of the policy.
The Contemporary Worship Leader position is a part-time position; however, qualified candidates with experience and skills on other ministry areas may be considered for a full-time position combining multiple ministry areas (i.e. Student Ministries, Children’s
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com.