CFA (Carlsbad First Assembly) is a part of the Assemblies of God movement and has been a vital part of the Carlsbad community for over 85 years. We recently went through a DNA change as a church and have become laser focused in fulfilling our mission as
a church… “To Connect Our Passion For People With Our Passion For Christ”. CFA strives to find needs in our community and fill them. From our strong Celebrate Recovery program, to our “Hand Up” ministry to the homeless, to our transitional homes program
to aid families facing crisis in transition, we are always looking and praying for new ways. And as for our Sunday Celebration Service… the best way to describe church at CFA is a family gathering in our living room where all are welcome to join in our praise
to God. At CFA, no one is a visitor and we don’t say “Welcome”… to all we say “Welcome Home”!
CFA has a fantastic opportunity available for a talented Youth Pastor. Youth has long been a focus of this congregation, and we have a long term goal of reaching the city’s youth by creating a community where they can feel a part. Our goal is to engage
them through worship, activities, inspiring services, missions, fine arts, camps, events, etc. We currently are developing a facility specifically for youth with goal of one day having a Youth Community Center available to all the youth in our city. We
are looking for a Youth Pastor who is fully engaged in our youth. They need to have a love for teens that is clear and undeniable.
We are also looking to expand our Worship Ministry in our Sunday Morning Celebration Service, so an individual with experience leading worship and ability to play instruments would be preferable. This would not require the candidate to take over all duties
of worship, but to simply develop a secondary team that can bolster the existing teams.
Qualifications & Experience
- Energetic, creative and passionate about leading others to Christ and nurturing persons in a maturing relationship with Christ with proven abilities in leading youth and small group ministries
- Connection with the theological position of CFA and church staff
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Experience in worship ministry, leading and developing is preferred
- Ability to develop youth worship as well as oversee fine arts development with the teens (dance, drama, etc.) is preferred.
- Current credentials with the Assemblies of God (or pursuing…) is preferred
- Desire to pursue and engage adults as leaders in the youth ministry and develop them into a “team”.
- Strong relational skills providing ability to connect to High School and Middle School students
- Vision and ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement youth/student and small group ministries;
- Strong relational skills, organizational skills, and conflict management skills.
- Technology skills, including ability to utilize social media effectively in support of program goals would be beneficial
RESPONSIBILITIES – Youth
The Youth Pastor shall have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the Junior and Senior High Ministries of CFA as well as other responsibilities as needed. The Youth Pastor will be responsible for overall development and implementation
of ministry programs, classes, and events. Every potential means of ministry should purpose to fulfill Christ’s great commandment and to further the Mission of CFA… to “Connect our Passion for people with our Passion for Christ”.
RESPONSIBILITES – Worship (preferred but could be optional)
The successful candidate will be called upon to serve with the existing worship teams as necessary, and to develop new streams of contemporary worship as our church moves forward.
If interested, or if you have any questions, please contact Pastor Brad Coates at…