In 1980, Community Church began when Paul & Darla Johnson moved to Fond du Lac to start a different kind of church. The vision was to reach unchurched people with an emphasis on being contemporary, relevant, and authentic. The slogan “a place to belong,
a place to become” was adopted and the first worship service had seven people meeting at the Rosenow School gym in November 1980. Since its inception, the church has experienced steady growth for over two decades. And throughout its history, it has focused
on four strategic purposes that are woven through the pages of the New Testament—an aim to worship Christ (celebration), to bear witness to Christ (communication), to grow up in Christ (cultivation), and to love others in Christ’s name (care).
The Director of Student Ministries will create a movement of teen disciples radically committed to loving others for the glory of God. This will be accomplished by ministering to teen students, their parents, and the adult volunteers who serve in youth ministry.
The ideal candidate will possess a post high school education and/or training in biblical theology. In addition, required experience and personal characteristics for this position will include:
- A follower of Christ, committed to our student ministry and the overall vision of Community Church.
- Experienced in ministering to teenage students and a passion for youth evangelism/discipleship.
- Able to articulate a discipleship strategy for students.
- Ability to teach in a youth context.
- Must meet the spiritual qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:8-13
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Portrays a deep level of humility and is committed to prayer in all things.
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity with a consistent devotional life at its core.
- Highly teachable and receptive to feedback.
- Exudes energy in ‘connecting’ with people and a calm influence when ‘dealing’ with people.
- Builds relationships and rapport with leadership.
- Creates an environment of warmth and openness in the ministry.
- Fosters stories of life change within the ministry.
- A wholehearted commitment to the vision and mission of Community Church.
The name Fond du Lac is French for ‘foot of the lake’, named as such because of its location at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Known for its world-class fishing, windsurfing, snowmobiling and ice fishing, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, offers a four-season playground
to its residents. Along with its agricultural and recreational base, Fond du Lac is an industrial town specializing in forest products, machine tools, and boat motors. Downtown is clean and typically Midwestern, with lots of trees and a mix of older and modern
structures. The University of Wisconsin operates a Fond du Lac campus, offering 4-year degree programs and feeding the larger UW system. Fond du Lac is uniquely and strategically positioned just 1 hour from 3 major areas (Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee).
Athletics are a major part of the state identity at both college and professional levels.