Modern Worship Leader Job Opportunity
First Christian Church (FCC) is an historic church located in downtown Lawrence, Kansas, just blocks from the University of Kansas. Our members and attenders come from all over Lawrence and the surrounding towns and cities. Our congregation is diverse, friendly, and loving. The church has about 250 attenders, and we anticipate the numbers climbing quickly.
FCC holds Scripture as the ultimate authority for doctrine and ethics, and Jesus as the only way for salvation. FCC fits squarely within the evangelical tradition of Protestantism. The Church has historic roots with the Disciples of Christ.
FCC has recently hired a new Senior Pastor, Dr. David W. Pendergrass. Dr. Pendergrass is dedicated to making disciples, especially focusing on attracting more young families and Millennials. The Modern Worship Leader will be an integral part of reaching that goal.
Currently, there are two services: 9am Traditional and 11am Modern. We are seeking to draw people of all demographics for both services. However, our desire for the Modern service is to create and continue an energetic, joyful, modern worship service utilizing modern music led by a live band, lighting, and video to draw people into heartfelt worship of God. There is a great, talented pool of laity who have been playing and singing in this service for years. The Modern Worship Leader will be in charge of, and work with, the existing musicians for this service.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a passionate worshipper of Jesus. This person will possess:
- A solid, deliberate saving relationship with Jesus of Nazareth, manifested in a life of devotional habits (e.g., Bible study, prayer, worship, service)
- A lifestyle which matches the teaching of Jesus and the New Testament and is beyond reproach in all areas of behavior (e.g., see Mark 7:21-22; Rom. 1:29-31; 13:13; 1 Cor 5:10-11; 6:9-10; 2 Cor 6:9-10; 12:20-21; Gal. 5:19-21; Eph. 4:31; 5:3-5; Col. 3:5; 3:8; et al.)
- Proactive, servant leadership skills (you get things done and lead by example)
- Excellent singing skills, especially while playing the guitar
- Proven team-building skills
- Ability to communicate and relate well with the congregation during worship
- Skills in leading, encouraging, and recruiting talent
- Direct oversight of our modern worship service each Sunday working closely with Senior Pastor, and at times, the Worship Advisory Team; which includes leading (usually) four songs
- Equip, train, and draw other musicians to be part of this team
- Run rehearsals one time each week
- Coordinate the various laity who participate in the service
- Must have the skill and experience of leading in the musical style of Hillsong, Lincoln Brewster, Bethel Music, Travis Cottrell, All Sons and Daughters, etc.
- Must have excellent stage presence and be able to train others to do the same
- Prepare ProPresenter slides for the service
Please visit our website www.fcclawrence.org to get to know us better. Moreover, to learn more about the Senior Pastor, visit www.davidpendergrass.com.
The position pays $25/hour, with a time commitment of 5-10 hours per week.
If you like what you’ve read so far, and certainly meet the requirements set out above, please send me the following:
- Email me your resume with references
- Email me links of you leading worship or playing live
For the Kingdom,
First Christian Church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- September 28
Creative Arts PastorIndiana Community Church
- Indianola, Iowa
- September 27
Worship & Creative ArtsVintage Faith Church
- Santa Cruz, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Wyckoff, New Jersey
- September 26