Cypress Church is searching for a Tech Director to be part of this exciting ministry. Currently, Cypress has two campuses with total weekly attendance of over 3900. Both locations (Alton Darby & Dublin) are in the Central Ohio area. The primary responsibility
of the Tech Director is to oversee the Tech Production department.
The Technical Production Director is a spiritual and organizational leader who helps oversee the Tech Production department of Cypress Church. Oversight of the department includes but is not limited to: strong leadership and ensuring that things
are led in such a way that engages the church with God and one another, continually emphasizing the vision and strategy of the Cypress model (Worship, Groups, and ServeTeams) as well as utilizing the coaching and on ramp recruiting system to build teams and
pass information down from the director to the volunteers on the front lines. The Tech Director will constantly evaluate how this model influences the Tech Production department and the training of (and caring for) team members.
•A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
•Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
•A self starter—highly motivated
•Has a passion for Technology & Production
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•High level expertise and creativity in sound reinforcement, lighting, video
display, video production, and broadcast technology in a multi-campus setting
•A team player who thrives in a fast moving, high collaboration environment
•A continuous learner excited about researching and implementing new
technologies and best practices
•A knowledge of set design and construction as it pertains to worship spaces
1. Assist in producing worship services.
Oversee and successfully produce worship services at the Alton Darby Campus
2. Recruit, inspire, encourage and develop the skills of the volunteers serving in the technical production ministry while ministering to them and building relationships. Positions include but may not be limited to:
a. Audio Engineers
c. Lighting Designers and Board Operators
d. Video Control Room Staff
f. Set Designers
g. Set Construction Team
3. Recruit and develop volunteer leaders to take on individual teams within technical production and set design/construction.
4.Take overall responsibility (utilizing the support of staff, volunteer leaders and workers) for managing and maintaining all of the media technology equipment on all campuses and all venues.
5. Manage incoming requests for technical support and work with volunteer leaders to staff programs and events in order to meet their production needs.
6. Set the vision for the Technical Production department with a plan to carry it out.
7. Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the church
a. Recruit and train volunteer leaders to help you with your purpose
b. Meet regularly with your volunteers and staff
c. Build into your team with consistent training and equipping
d. Provide monthly training events or development meetings for your leadership team
e. Participate in quarterly training events for all Creative Arts team leadership
8. Network with other media technology experts in the community and online.
a. Initiate contact with other media/tech experts to share ideas and experiences
b. Program or attend area events with other staff annually
9. Help to set and oversee the media and technology budget
a. Set a budget that reflects the values in your vision and purpose
b. Be prudent with finances, sticking with the budget you set
10. Attend weekly creative planning and production meetings
11. Provide a periodic report to the Creative Arts Director of your goals, accomplishments, prayers and praises.
12. As part of the overall Creative Arts team, step in whenever necessary to help assist the success of the overall team. Always keep a team mindset and work with others on the team for common goals and success.