Vineyard Cincinnati is a 2016 Best Christian Workplace and our ministries are growing! We are looking for a part-time Worship Leader. This role is responsible for leading worship for weekend services and other events as assigned by the Site Pastor, and
for providing spiritual care, leadership, and development of worship team members and leaders. This role is by nature highly visible and requires integrity, warmth and authenticity. Must work in collaboration with Vineyard Cincinnati Celebrations’ Team.
Essential Duties & Outcomes
Establish and maintain a strong and effective working relationship with the Site Pastor in order to help promote strong team dynamics.
Provide spiritual care and leadership for Worship Team members to ensure that every volunteer is cared for and safe.
Accurately and regularly communicate Vineyard Cincinnati’s vision and values for worship to Worship Team members and the church at large for the purpose of growing the Worship value throughout our congregation.
Regularly collaborate with the Worship Pastor to develop a Vineyard Cincinnati worship community.
Prepare set lists, lead worship and/or participate in worship bands for adult Celebrations and special events, as assigned by the Site Pastor, to ensure a high quality worship experiences.
Maintain optimum technical efficiency through ordering supplies, helping establish technical teams for weekend Celebrations and ensuring proper usage of Vineyard Cincinnati owned assets.
Identify, recruit and help develop new musicians, singers and worship leaders.
Provide support by assisting with the preparation and setup for various Celebrations and special events as assigned by the Site Pastor.
Track and report weekly technical/worship volunteer attendance.
Attend worship trainings and events as requested.
Attend church wide training and staff events as requested.
Level of Education Area of Study
High School Diploma/GED
Previous experience in Worship Leader setting.
Ability to train on church owned soundboards.
Experience with Planning Center and Pro Presenter
May additional equivalent education above the required minimum stated above be substituted for the indicated level of experience? Yes No
Core Competencies/Essential Qualities:
- Commitment to mission and vision of Vineyard Cincinnati (VC): supports VC through actions, participation, and communicated focused on the mission and vision of VC, good steward of resources, active Shareholder; embraces outward-focused
- Servanthood: dedicated to demonstrating a heart to serve others, treating others with dignity and respect.
- Relational Skills: ability to relate well with all types of people, attentive and active listener; patience to hear others out and build rapport with dignity and tact; ability to effectively manage change and support and promote acceptance;
encouraging, motivating, clear and effective communicator.
- Approach/Conflict Management: reflects integrity, honesty, and authenticity and models biblical principles; responds properly when faced with conflict and challenges and applies Matthew 18 principles appropriately.
- Volunteer Development/Involvement: continually seeks opportunities for volunteer involvement within area of responsibility and supports and encourages their spiritual development; effectively delegates, trains, and motivates.
- Time Management/Prioritization: ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven, multi-priority environment; exhibits consistent usage of effective time management skills and appropriate resource management; communicates interferences
and delays to supervisor.
- Informing: provides others with timely and organized information; provides clear directions, shares responsibility and accountability; includes and consults with proper ministry areas as needed.
- Quality of Work: provides accurate results that are thought-out, complete; exhibits high standard for excellence, attention to detail; relays information that is sufficiently detailed and provides desired effect from customer.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking Skills: ability to use logical methods to solve problems while producing effective solutions; probes all appropriate resources for solutions; takes initiative to identify and improve systems and processes.