Vineyard Cincinnati is a 2016 Best Christian Workplace and our ministries are growing! We are looking for a Dynamic Senior Director of Outreach. this persons role would be to develop (in collaboration with the Executive Team),implement and oversees our outreach strategies and initiatives locally and globally.
We offer very competive wages and an excellent benefits package. Relocation is available for the right candidate. We are looking for nothing less than God's best!
Essential Duties & Outcomes
- Be the primary pastoral liaison between Vineyard Cincinnati and the surrounding community by building relationships with local leaders, organizations, schools, etc.
- Develop and oversee the local outreach initiatives of Vineyard Cincinnati.
- Develop and maintain our global missions partnerships (as approved by E-Team).
- Oversee our Hospitality Team which includes: Info Areas, Greeters, Ushers, Traffic Team, Coffee, Coffee Areas.
- Churchwide, On Site Missions Events (Spring Clean Drive, Christmas Parties, Mother’s Day, etc.)
- Invitational / Evangelism tools (Easter invites/yard signs, ideas/trainings for groups, etc.)
- Local Missions Events (Valentine’s Day, SOS, TurkeyFest, Christmas Eve Donut Giveaway, etc.)
- Partnerships with community-based missions organizations (Safe Families, SELF, Church of Cincinnati, etc.)
- Proactively seeking a more robust community presence by Vineyard Cincinnati.
- Partnerships with International missions organizations (Back to Back, Vineyard Dungannon, etc.)
- Equipping missionaries (Perspectives, HLI, etc.)
- Management of the World Missions Fund and designated giving.
- Oversee development, implementation and management of annual plans, budgets and key success area goals for approval by senior leadership.
- Provide monthly reports on the progress of assigned ministries relative to specific success markers, metrics and other goals set forth by senior leadership.
- Maintain a culture within assigned ministries that upholds and promotes the Vineyard culture.
- Provide leadership and oversight to staff and key volunteer ministry leaders.
- Within the system(s) prescribed by Human Resources, develop and maintain annual performance and development plans for each assigned staff member.
- Manage budget and resources to 0% variance.
- Proven success in casting vision, providing leadership, and managing day-to-day operations of multiple organizational areas.
- Proven experience in supervising multiple projects and volunteer teams within a mega-church environment to high levels of performance and motivation.
- A proven track record in a ministry or organization that mobilizes interested individuals into areas of interest and passion.
- Staff management of 2 or more.
- Management of multiple concurrent volunteer-driven events mobilizing 100+ volunteers at a time.
- Implementation of principles and practices critical to church health and church growth.
- Commitment to mission and vision of VCC: supports the VCC through actions, participation, and communicated focused on the mission and vision of VCC, good steward of resources, active Shareholder; embraces outward-focused church perspective.
- Servanthood: demonstrates a heart to serve others, treating others with dignity and respect.
- Relational Skills: ability to relate well with all types of people, attentive and active listener; patience to hear others out and build rapport with dignity and tact; ability to effectively manage change and support and promote acceptance; encouraging, motivating, clear and effective communicator.
- Approach/Conflict Management: reflects integrity, honesty, and authenticity and models biblical principles; responds properly when faced with conflict and challenges and applies Matthew 18 principles appropriately.
- Volunteer Development/Involvement: continually seeks opportunities for volunteer involvement within area of responsibility and supports and encourages their spiritual development; effectively delegates, trains, and motivates.
- Time Management/Prioritization: ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven, multi-priority environment; exhibits consistent usage of effective time management skills and appropriate resource management; communicates interferences and delays to supervisor.
- Informing: provides others with timely and organized information; provides clear directions, shares responsibility and accountability; includes and consults with proper ministry areas as needed.
- Quality of Work: provides accurate results that are thought-out, complete; exhibits high standard for excellence, attention to detail; relays information that is sufficiently detailed and provides desired effect from customer.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking Skills: ability to use logical methods to solve problems while producing effective solutions; probes all appropriate resources for solutions; takes initiative to identify and improve systems and processes.
- Vision Casting/Leadership: ability to guide staff toward clear ministry expectations, communicates vision effectively; ensures that direct reports understand ministry-specific goals; able to maintain direct report’s ability in leadership and abilities.
- Strategic Agility: sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; broad knowledge and perspective; future oriented.
- Staff Development: provides effective guidance and feedback to direct reports; aligns opportunities for growth and provides assignments that stretch and challenge; conducts performance assessment and development plan discussions in a timely manner and effectively measures performance expectations; works effectively in conjunction with HR to address performance issues in a timely manner and develop solutions for improvement.
- Decisiveness: gathers information, analyzes problems, develops solutions, and organizes action while exercising good judgment; gathers input as needed and demonstrates understanding of when to seek advice in decision-making; communicates decisions to appropriate individuals.
- System Management: ability to design processes and systems that permit effective ministry; allows staff to operate independently as appropriate; respects the systems and process of other ministries
No phone calls please. Serious applicants apply online at https://vineyardcincinnati.com/vineyard-jobs
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Missions (767615)Private Profile
- Southeast USA , North Carolina
- December 8
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo
- December 7
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
The Vineyard Cincinnati, was established in 1983 and today is home to over 6,000 regular attendees. We are an exhilarating, outward-focused force. We want to change the world, starting with our city, one heart at a time. Imagine a ragtag collection of surrendered and transformed people who love God and others. They are mesmerized by the idea that this is not about them. They are transfixed by His story and His heart for their city. They are seedthrowers and firestarters, hope peddlers and grace-givers, risktakers and dreamers, young and old. More...