The Youth Director has overall responsibility for leading and growing the Church’s youth to a closer connection with God. The position requires planning and executing of Sunday and special services for the youth, ages 13-18, developing programs and events
for continuous engagement, and implementing long-term strategy for the ministry area. The individual needs to be able to recruit, train and manage volunteer team members to serve in the Youth Ministry.
Develop and implement a vision for the ministry area:
- Encourage spiritual growth of youth.
- Plan and deliver sermons for Sunday and special services for youth.
- Create innovative programming for regular involvement of members and guests.
- Plan outreach events and programs for youth in the community.
- Plan and execute annual summer camp experience (off site)
Manage Volunteer Teams:
- Responsible for process to recruit, train, and schedule youth volunteers.
- Train volunteers and staff on operational processes in order to maintain a consistent and excellent experience.
- Provide strong leadership and volunteers.
- Champion the culture of New Life Fellowship with team members and others.
Development of Best Practices and Processes:
- Develop and maintain a standard operating process for mentorship, recurring programs and events.
- Develop ongoing strategies for constant improvement for the excellence of the Sunday morning experience and other events.
- Continue personal education through various means (conferences, subscriptions, networking, etc.) of youth culture, growth and ministry.
- Other staff duties as required.
- Follower of Christ applying and growing in Christian disciplines.
- Degree and/or equivalent on the job experience (minimum three years) in the youth ministry.
- Experience leading staff or volunteers.
- Must have good organizational and people skills and desire to equip people for the work of ministry.
- Flexible team player who understands and supports the vision, policies, and procedures of New Life Fellowship.
- Strong work ethic, dependable, reliable, and passionate about youth and excellence that impacts lives for Christ.
- Possible requirement of set-up and break-down of heavy equipment during regular services and/or special events inside or outside the building.