Primary Purpose: This position in Core Operations is responsible for the management oversight and leadership of the Information Technology staff, volunteers, vendors and infrastructure systems at Park. This person’s primary role will be to live and die for the helpdesk by resolving 1st-3rd tier support requests for help with desktop/laptop computers, Windows, Office and other desktop applications, Fellowship One church management software, network issues, and telephony issues. Additionally, the IT Director will be to provide leadership to server and LAN/WAN network related tasks and projects.
Is This Role For You: You LOVE helping people. You have a knack for solving problems, have a strong work ethic and a “whatever it takes” kind of mentality when it comes to your job. You have a ridiculous customer service mindset and attention to detail that help make you a leader in your field. You’re ok getting into the weeds of helping solve helpdesk issues but also love the high level detail of network administration. Maybe you’ve served in the marketplace but are searching for a career with true meaning, a job that allows you to use your God given talents to empower the local church through advanced technology. A job where everyone you work with shares your passion, drive, and intense work ethic while keeping in check the priorities of God and family before work.
Scope of the Position: Your job is to oversee our central IT department by spearheading innovative IT projects and leveraging existing technologies to help connect our staff to the tools they need to serve and shepherd our congregation well. You should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be self-managed and highly motivated to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. You should proactively be an adept problem-solver bent toward action with a high degree of organization and a detail-oriented person with an innate ability to lead through complex projects.
- Lead the Team
- Provide management oversight and leadership for the central Information Technology team. Assist the team with project management, prioritization, training and resource decisions.
- Develop and foster an environment of creative problem solving and team cooperation.
- Recruit, train, coach and transition team members and volunteers.
- Provide strong individual contributions where needed to fill resource gaps.
- Manage Partner Relationships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all Park ministry leaders as well as multiple infrastructure support vendors. This will include a very strong relationship with Communications to maintain integrations between the Park website and internal- use applications such as Fellowship One.
- Identify, project manage and transition vendors to ensure service delivery excellence with on-time and on-budget projects.
- Negotiate win-win vendor contracts
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other Information Technology leaders in both the church and corporate sectors to share best practices and creative infrastructure solutions and resources.
- Manage the Operations
- Ensure the processes, systems and resources are in place to deliver excellent service and support for Information Technology infrastructure to all Park ministries and campuses.
- Provide project management oversight from inception to delivery for all major Information Technology initiatives. This will include requirements gathering, proposal reviews, budgeting / funding allocation, scheduling, escalations and ongoing communications with key ministry stakeholders.
- Manage the Information Technology expenses and budgets in cooperation with Park ministry leaders and infrastructure support vendors.
- Assist the Park leadership with understanding and anticipating future infrastructure issues by recommending and implementing new processes and technologies.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional IT teams including Network Operations and IT support
- Promote collaboration over alignment of IT resources and strategic direction, including prioritization and timing of IT projects
- Advocate for a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Manages and provides the helpdesk function for both PC and MAC users
- Manages both public and private WiFI networks churchwide
- Triages and troubleshoots common hardware and software issues - provides end-user support and training for common software platforms
- Assists in the onboarding process for new employees by providing the correct technology tools to each user.
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to work cooperatively and jointly with various staff ministries, organizations and volunteers
- Strong ability to lead and manage a team
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Dependable, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative
- Ability to perform diagnostics, identify problems and provide resolutions
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical guidance and instructions to users via telephone and email
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to handle stress and multiple projects with competing interests for time
- Experience implementing TCP/IP at the workstation level
- Knowledge/experience supporting Windows 7 workstations, Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suites and Windows File Permissions
- Working knowledge of Mac workstations.
- Lives a life consistent with qualities laid out in 1 Timothy 3 for an Deacon
- To be in a small group and have an accountability partner
- To be intentionally fostering a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through your time in the Bible, prayer, and Christian community
- To become a Park Partner and to abide by the by-laws indicated in our partnership book
- To reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry. You will be looked up to as you model the Christian faith, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel.
- Life marked by personal integrity, holiness, purity, and freedom from any addictions
- To live in the city limits of Chicago
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Park Community Church
The story of Park Community Church (Park) stands as a powerful illustration of God’s faithfulness, provision, and grace. For over 27 years, the Lord has taken their story and transformed it into a way of telling His story. Park Community Church believes that as part of seeing the city renewed, God has called Park to see 1% of the city of Chicago (27,000 people) connected into Biblical community at Park. In addition, Park Community Church also believes that God has called them to work together with the Chicago Partnership More...