WLMB-TV 40 TOLEDO - Toledo, Ohio
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WLMB-TV 40 TOLEDO is looking to hire a Senior Vice President of Business Affairs who has a heart for serving Jesus Christ in a ministry environment. This is a salaried position managing the following areas: business planning and budgeting, human resources,
finance, and front office administration. This individual will play a critical role in partnering with the leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as WLMB continues to broadcast its’ locally produced television programs as well as many
nationally recognized Christian preachers and teachers and family-friendly television programs. WLMB also operates a brand new national TV programming service, known as RadiantTV, that is broadcast on TV into 20 million homes across the USA. This is a tremendous
opportunity for a business-minded individual with a heart for ministry, to join a national award-winning Christian non-profit organization whose mission is focused on proclaiming the life-changing message of Jesus Christ to the 2.3 million people who live
within the broadcast reach of WLMB-TV 40 TOLEDO as well as the viewers of RadiantTV programming.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
Working as a key member of the leadership team under the direction of the President & CEO, Mr. Jamey Schmitz, this individual will primarily be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the business office. These responsibilities include:
- Leading annual budgeting process, closely monitoring and controlling ministry finances, and keeping the senior leadership team up to date with the financial status
- Managing employment benefits of the organization
- Management of donor database, donation processing, and segmentation of data for mailings
- Interacting with donors on the phone and answering any concerns they may have about their donations
- Analyzing, creating, and presenting financial data to the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors
- Managing organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Handling AR/AP functions including preparation of daily bank deposits
- Reconciliation of bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Coordinating and leading the annual audit process while working with external auditors
- Overseeing Receptionist/Administrative Assistant and several volunteers who assist in front office responsibilities
- Managing contracts related to facility maintenance and utilities
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The preferred candidate will have completed a degree in Business Administration and/or have a record of significant experience with the above listed responsibilities and skills. Additional preferences include: experience with non-profit accounting, database
management software, accounting software, strong knowledge with Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel), and data merge functionality.
Hours are typically Mon. – Fri. 8am – 5pm. However, some hours outside of the typical work schedule are required during special events, which may include several weekends each year.
CURRENT WLMB BENEFITS
100% Employer Paid Family Health Insurance (includes Vision and Dental)
Retirement 401(k) Matching Plan
Long-term Individual Disability Insurance
Individual Life Insurance /AD&D Insurance
Flexible Vacation Policy & Personal Days
Major Holidays off
Christian School Tuition Ministry Discount for K-12 students (ask for more details)
You may email a Cover Letter and Resume to: employment(at)wlmb.com
Once your cover letter and resume are received, if WLMB is interested in pursuing you further, an email will be sent to you within 1 business day that contains an application for this position. Once your application is received, if WLMB is interested in conducting
an interview, you will be contacted within 1 business day. Please, no phone calls. Please be assured that this procedure will be followed as described above.
Dominion Broadcasting, the licensee of WLMB, is a religious broadcaster as defined by the regulations of the Federal Communications Commission. See 47 C.F.R. 73.2080 (c) (1); Review of the Commission’s Broadcast and Cable Equal Employment Opportunity
Rules and Policies, 17 FCC Red. 24018 (2002). As a religious broadcaster, Dominion Broadcasting has established a religious qualification for all employee positions at WLMB. In accordance with the FCC’s rules, Dominion Broadcasting makes reasonable, good faith
efforts to recruit applicants, without regard to race, color, national origin or gender, among those who are qualified for employment based on their religious belief or affiliation.