North Lake Presbyterian Church in Lady Lake, Florida seeks a full-time Director of Youth Ministry. The Director is responsible for the development, coordination, and leadership of our middle school and high school programs.
North Lake is a unique setting for youth ministry because of the predominant retirement communities in our vicinity. But there are many students in our mission field, and North Lake serves among them in a variety of ways. We are looking for someone with a passion to connect youth and their families with Jesus Christ. The Director works with many volunteers and as part of a collaborative staff team, including a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry.
A candidate must have an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum of 3 years of experience in leading youth ministries, a driver’s license, and the character to pass a thorough background check.
Please e-mail a resume, a faith statement, and a picture (optional) to Jim Crutchfield, Elder for Children and Youth, using email@example.com. For the position description and additional information about our church, please visit our website at http://www.northlakepc.org.
North Lake Presbyterian Church (NLPC) – Job Description
Director of Youth
Summary: To create, coordinate, and supervise the ministry and programs for middle school and high school aged students on behalf of North Lake Presbyterian Church; to serve its mission of securing salvation for children and youth by enabling each of them to establish a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The ministry and programs of this position include creating opportunities for Christian growth through worship, Bible study, small groups, retreats, trips, socials, outreach and service.
- Model in his/her own life a mature, personal walk with Christ for students to observe and
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license
- Be able to pass a routine background check
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading a youth ministry
- Demonstrate a competency with biblical scriptures
- Report to the NLPC Administrator for personnel matters and works with the Elder for Children and Youth for programs and initiatives. The Elder will provide access and guidance with regard to the Session.
- Plan and execute weekly Youth Fellowship for students in grades 3-12.
- Call, train and maintain a volunteer team of mature youth and adults to support the
- Create and regularly execute a strategy for outreach to others in grades 5-12 in our
community. Encourage our youth to own this vision of sharing the unconditional love of
Christ with those who do not yet know Him.
- Maintain communication with the church and community:
- Weekly review/update youth portion of the NLPC website,
- Write monthly articles for the church Newsletter highlighting recent or planned youth activities.
- Share and respond in a timely matter to all communications with youth and their families thru all available media.
- Participate in Sunday morning worship and encourage students to do so as well. Help with
leadership of Sunday services as requested.
- Plan and execute at least one mission trip and/or retreat for youth each calendar year.
- Plan and execute at least one local youth mission each calendar year.
- Assist in planning and executing all church youth activities:
- Vacation Bible School
- Fall Fest
- Christmas Night at North Lake
- Assist in executing the LOGOS program, in cooperation with the LOGOS Director.
- Cooperate with and assist parents of teens in their responsibility to raise their children in
- Regularly attend meetings:
- NLPC Staff
- Presbytery sponsored Youth Director gatherings
- Participate in the broader programming of the church and be responsible, along with all of the staff, for the greater, general health and well being of the church.
- Accept overall responsibility for managing the youth budget.
- Build a network of friendships with others involved in Christian youth programs throughout our community in order to share ideas and inter-program experiences.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising activities for the youth group.
- Other duties to be determined by changing circumstances.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
English-Youth PastorMIchiana Chinese Christian Church
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- September 28
Youth Pastor/DirectorThe Bridge
- Silver Spring, Maryland
- September 27