Connections Pastor (20 hours / week / salary)
Purpose: To lead a ministry that helps people find ways to get and stay connected at Council Tree.
Who We Are: Christ. Community. Cause. Our mission at Council Tree Covenant Church is to be connected to Christ in rich and meaningful ways. We believe that compelling community, where people tell their stories and build authentic relationships,
provides the best atmosphere for encouraging people to go deeper in Christ and further in cause (bridging the gap with the marginalized and unconvinced). We are situated in the town of Fort Collins, located in northern Colorado at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.
400 people call Council Tree their “home” and we average about 250 on a Sunday morning in one worship service.
- Design and implement a process to connect people one to another and provide connection to resources as needed (i.e. classes, small groups, Bible studies, special events, retreats, support groups, counseling, meals ministry, going deeper
in faith, etc.)
- Assimilate newcomers into the life of the church so that they feel welcomed and spiritually supported. Help them find their place in ministries as they wish to participate and serve.
- Oversee Small Groups Ministry – create new groups for regular entry points, and keep existing groups healthy and accountable. Train and encourage small group leaders.
- Adult Spiritual Formation Classes – Develop Sunday morning classes that are relevant, deepen our faith, diverse, and helps people feel connected.
- Collaboratively give leadership to the Welcome Team / Greeters – create an atmosphere of welcoming people not only into our building but into relationship with others. Create a system for keeping track of newcomers, attendance, and discerning
- Provide Vision and Leadership for church-wide connecting events and strategize new opportunities to promote building community. Collaborate with Children and Student leadership so as to assimilate both individuals and families. Having a
heart for all generations within our Church body. Embodies a Christ centered vision for Spiritual Formation.
- Additional Pastoral Duties – team building, attend weekly staff meetings, manage a budget, become an active member of our church, and other duties as determined by gifts, needs and interests.
- Seminary preferred – not mandatory. Open to pursuing credentialing through the Covenant.
- 2-4 years experience preferred in responsibilities listed above or similar.
- Must understand and support Council Tree Covenant’s mission and vision as stated at www.counciltreecovenant.com. Understand and support the Covenant’s approach to faith as stated at covchurch.org.
- Has a deep, honest and transforming relationship with Christ.
- Leader, highly relational, self-directed, organized, motivated and loves to network and connect with people.
- Cares about individual peoples’ needs. Meets people were they are in their faith journey – compassionate and non-judgemental.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Salary: $19,000 – $23,000 based on experience with some non-medical benefits
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to the search team at
Please include a short cover letter about why you are interested in this position and what makes you a good fit.
Deadline: May 27th, 2016