WORSHIP LEADER OF MODERN SERVICE
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING via CHURCHSTAFFING.COM.
All resumes are to be sent directly to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Fellowship of Lago Vista, previously Travis Oaks Baptist Church, is a Baptist church established in the resort community of Lago Vista, Texas in 1973. We are located on beautiful Lake Travis close to Cedar Park and Austin, Texas. Our members come
from the communities of Lago Vista, Point Venture, Jonestown, and Cedar Park. We are a Bible believing evangelical church which draws people from all backgrounds. Our purpose is to know God and to make Him known.
Within the last year we have made changes in our church building, worship services, lighting and name in order to provide a more modern, contemporary worship service. We are seeking to draw people of all demographics. Currently our services blend traditional
and contemporary music. However, our desire is to create a new modern worship service utilizing lighting, video, and music to draw people into heartfelt worship of God.
This position offers a rare opportunity to establish a new modern worship service/culture in our church. Our vision is to create a new, modern service at 11:00 while the earlier, traditional service will be led by another musician. The new worship leader
will be in charge of and work with the existing musicians for this service.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a passionate worshipper of Jesus to lead our church into true worship. This person will possess:
- Godly character
- Servant leadership skills
- Musical ability
- Proven team building skills-- all of these demonstrated in the local church setting
- Ability to communicate and relate well with the congregation during worship
- Skills in leading, encouraging, and recruiting talent
- Direct oversight of our modern worship service
- Must be a trained musician
- Must be an excellent vocalist with a mid-range voice
- Play instruments
- Equip, train, and draw other musicians to be part of this team
- Must have the skill and experience of leading in the musical style of Austin Stone, All Sons and Daughters, and similar bands…not a traditional setting of choirs, etc.
- Be able to train others in worship with voice, instruments, and praise
- Proficiency in leading teams along with strong people skills
- AV and computer skills are vital to coordinate the multi-media dimension
Please visit our website www.gracelago.org to get to know us better.
Potential candidates are asked to submit:
1. Resumes with references (email)
2. Video of current teaching/leading (links to online portfolio preferred)
Please respect the process, no phone calls or drop-ins will be considered.