We are looking for an ultra-organized, energetic executive assistant to work directly with our Lead Pastor (Josh Husmann). The right candidate will be overqualified, but so passionate about the vision and values of Mercy Road Church they're willing to join
with our fast-growing 4.5 year old church of 1,000 people to live out the Gospel in our context!
Job Description: Executive Assistant
Mercy Road Church exists to see people far from God apprenticed into a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- This position reports to Josh Husmann (Lead Pastor)
- This position coordinates administrative responsibilities and project management
- This position will be included in weekly team meetings, annual retreats and other meetings and special events as necessary.
The Role of the Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant runs and manages the details for Josh Husmann as he strategically leads the Mercy Road team, enabling him to focus work on his key responsibilities.
- You will represent Josh Husmann by handling all communications and scheduling with team members, partners, contractors, and others outside the organization.
- You will plan, run and complete set projects given by Josh Husmann.
- You will run his calendar to ensure efficient scheduling.
- You will handle details for the organization that fall under the responsibility of Josh Husmann.
- You will implement and support strategies, concepts, and goals set by the lead pastor.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Organize his calendar
- Set & confirm all appointments – including schedule First Step classes, Operations Team meetings, Vision Team meetings, staff meetings, and 1-on-1 meetings
- Schedule all travel
- Process his email daily. His inboxes should be at zero by 5pm every business day.
- This means everyone has been responded to within 1 business day, even if it means a discussion at a later time.
- There will be extensive communication. This must be handled quickly and professionally to ensure we are loving people well.
- Be the liaison for the lead pastor and much of the team. This includes knowing his schedule better than he does and communicating that to the Mercy Road staff, as well as looking for answers to questions that arise
3. Administrative Projects
- Coordinate details for administrative projects and or events. This person will be the go for coordinating and implementing all church events and projects.
- You will often schedule and communicate these events and administrative projects to the communication department.
Key Performance Indicators
Accountabilities and Measures
We are a results-based team. The person in this position will be measured using these metrics.
- Calendar is accurate and all appointments are confirmed in advance
- Emails are responded to by 5pm on business days with inboxes at zero
- All projects, events, and meetings delegated are planned out and accomplished on time
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for to fill this role:
- You are a passionate follower of Jesus willing to sign our Statement of Faith.
- You are an implementer of ideas. We have enough ideas and need people to finish them by doing the work.
- You do what you say you will do when you say you will do it. All without making excuses
- You are tech savvy. No, you don’t need to be a coder making an app until 4am, but you need to be able to pick up on the technology we use regularly.
- You are not worn out by routine and are not late to meetings.
- You can follow direction from leadership and create your own game plan to accomplish the goals decided on.
- You enjoy working behind the scenes and supporting those in the spotlight.
- You have a spirit of flexibility and you’re willing and able to handle a lot of change very quickly.
Necessary skills for success in this position:
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficient with basic office software (Calendar, Mail, Microsoft Office Suite, Apple products, etc.)
- Able to communicate clearly and represent Mercy Road Church and Josh Husmann well.
Your Personal Characteristics
- You embody the core values of Mercy Road Church.
- You have a spirit of flexibility and you’re willing and able to handle change.
- You have a strong work ethic and a “get it done” mentality.
- You’re a team player who focuses on the success of the entire organization.
You would work Monday through Friday, about 40 hours a week. There would be the possibility of making Sunday morning a part of your hours. This is a salaried position and pay is determined by experience and education.