Responsible for assisting the Pastor in Youth Ministries in order to provide greater opportunities for spiritual growth for youth and their families.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Encourage spiritual growth of youth who actively participate in the youth group program and encourage other youth to actively participate.
- Oversee the Sunday School class weekly.
- Facilitate youth activities— Mission Projects, Social Activities, etc.
- Work with the Pastor to implement special projects on Wednesday evenings.
- Facilitate meetings or projects for the entire youth group.
- Work to strengthen connections between members of the youth group as well as between the youth and different generations throughout the church family.
- Responsible for performing outreach to grow the youth ministry.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The Youth Leader will have a noticeable commitment to Christ as well as a commitment to furthering his/her own spiritual growth.
- Experience in youth ministry is a plus but not required.
- Desire to investigate a calling to future full time Christian ministry.
- The individual is expected be flexible in a working environment, have strong interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work well with different types of personalities.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Possess leadership and organizational skills.
- The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important.
- Have the basic understanding of the maturity levels and characteristics of teens and the challenges they face today as well as be creative, have a passion and heartfelt concern for teens.
- Be energetic, hard- working, and possess the ability to motivate others.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Please submit your resume to the Personnel Committee at email@example.com by May 27, 2016.