Student Minister Job Description
Harpeth Christian Church is located beside the Harpeth River in Franklin, TN just 10 minutes south of Nashville. We are an Independent Christian Church looking for an experienced lead Student Minister for our Jr. High and Sr. High students. We are a church
with 600 in attendance at our Sunday services and we just moved into our brand new praise and worship center. We have a national disciple making ministry with discipleship.org and a foreign mission presence in Uganda and our student ministry supports a mission
work in Honduras. We hope to hire a leader of disciple making leaders who guides a strong student ministry to the next level of effectiveness.
All candidates with at least 2 to 3 years of full time ministry experience are invited to send a cover letter, resume and three references to ChurchOffice@harpethcc.com. Please make “Student Minister Application”
your subject line. Application documents need to be received no later than May 1, 2016. We hope to fill this position as early as June 1st.
- A baptized believer in Christ who is committed to and upholds the beliefs, mission, vision, values, and leadership of Harpeth Christian Church.
- A person who walks with God - a person regularly in prayer, studying the Word, etc.
- A person with a passion to lead & rally the youth, youth leaders, & parents toward our 2020 Vision.
- A person who has the ability and gifts to be both good with people and effective at strategic planning for the student ministry.
- A person who is strong at recruiting, equipping, and empowering other disciple makers.
- A person with strong convictions about people being lost without Jesus and who will set the example for the adult volunteers and youth in reaching and baptizing lost people.
- To work under the Executive Minister at HCC as the leader of leaders in charge of the student ministry (big picture, church-wide, and spiritual issues). Included in this is responsibility for all youth related budgets and expenditures and age appropriate
- To work as a “recruiter-equipper” of “disciple-makers” – following Jesus’ model by raising up student and adult volunteers who will join the ministry by discipling the students through groups and discipling relationships.
- Lead and make sure the HCC youth and adult volunteers are led in fulfillment of the church’s mission (Helping People Trust & Follow Jesus) and set 6 month and 12 month goals aligned with the mission.
- Work with parents to train and equip them so they become the disciple makers of their children.
- Assume the role of director, lead teacher and vision caster for large youth gatherings.
- Work with and guide the worship ministry intern to coordinate student ministry praise and worship.
- Guide and develop the disciple making function of weekly small groups for students.
- Lead monthly outreach events or activities where the students reach out to the lost and the underprivileged.
- Lead monthly meetings with adult and student leaders for training, updates, and celebration of “wins.”
- Attend weekly HCC staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with Executive Minister.
- Follow up with fringe students and parents of those who have dropped off in their involvement.
- Set the example of a disciple maker’s lifestyle through personally discipling adult leaders and students.
- Lead camps, retreats and mission trips.
- Lead annual summer leadership retreat for adults and students which include intensive 2 ½ day training, prayer, and relationship building to prepare for coming school year.
Work Week, Vacation, and Day(s) off:
- It is anticipated that the work of this ministry will require 50-55 hours per week (including personal small group involvement).
- The lead Student Minister will undergo a performance review after 6 months and then a performance, salary, and benefits review on a regular basis every 6-12 months after that with the Executive Minister.
- HCC provides a medical and benefits plan, including a retirement matching benefit. All other salary and benefits items will be outlined separately.