The Worship Pastor is one called to shepherd the worship ministries of the church. He shall have a commitment to the total mission and vision of the church. He will serve as a team member of pastors and ministry leaders providing overall leadership for the
church in fulfilling its mission. The areas of responsibilities will involve leadership roles in worship planning and leadership, worship ministries, worship arts, and pastoral role. The worship pastor will be responsible to the Associate Pastor while maintaining
a unique and direct relationship with the Senior Pastor.
Worship Planning and Leadership
- To work with the Senior Pastor and lead other members of worship planning team in planning of worship series and services
- To work with staff and ministry leaders of the church to plan special worship services or elements of worship services (e.g. funerals, weddings, memorial service, parent-child dedication, children’s messages)
- To lead participating worship leaders (praise team/band, choirs, soloists, instrumentalists) in preparation of materials and rehearsals to ensure that worship services are of quality that exhibits our love for the Lord
- To develop a worship culture among worship leaders and the congregation by modeling personal worship and corporate worship that connects with all generations
- To lead worship leaders in developing their talents and abilities to be used in leading worship services
- To serve as one of the worship leaders, along with the Senior Pastor, that implements a worship service that draws people into the presence of God, and when necessary be the catalyst for the worship and at other times allow other worship leaders to be the
- To continue to learn and grow in worship, staying informed and connected with current/modern methods, music, trends, and approaches that will benefit the body of Christ in worship
- To develop and lead a worship ministry that involves all age levels in worship services and in ministries that reach outside the church.
- To develop a culture that effectively seeks to engage the community with worship ministries for the purpose of sharing the gospel – in local, national and global missions.
- To develop choirs, ensembles and small groups for all ages, including children, students, and senior adults
- To enlist, train, and lead the adult leadership for children’s worship ministries with collaboration with the Children and Preschool Minister (and Children’s ministry policies)
- To develop and lead Student Worship Ministries, with collaboration with the Student Pastor
- To provide leadership to all worship ministries in the selection and use of music to meet the needs of the group and that communicates solid, Biblical truths
- To lead worship ministries in the administration of the ministry including preparation and oversight of an annual budget, maintaining the equipment and instruments, and supervising accompanists, worship ministries staff, and volunteer servants.
- To help people discover, develop and utilize their God-given talents for the Lord, encouraging them to use such talents in service and worship of our Lord
- To develop and lead a creative arts ministry that encourages and uses drama, storytelling, testimonies in worship services and settings
- To develop, implement and lead a Creative Arts Academy with the purpose of reaching people in the community with the gospel
- Create instructional classes for instruments, bands, dramatists and/or vocalists
- Enlist and lead instructors for the Creative Arts
- To shepherd the people and families involved in the worship and worship arts ministries, including encouraging their spiritual growth and service to the Lord
- To serve along the other pastors as part of the pastoral team for the church, including “on-call’ and hospital visitation