Supervisor: Associate Pastor
Trinity’s Youth Pastor is responsible for maintaining and growing a healthy ministry of making disciples of Jesus Christ to students in grades 6-12 and their families. This ministry currently meets year round consisting of weekly gatherings, Sunday school
classes, special events and opportunities to serve together. The Youth Pastor will work under the guidance of the Associate Pastor to see teens transformed by the life giving power of the gospel and turned into life-long disciples who fully integrate into
the greater life of the church.
The ideal candidate will desire to lead a relationally driven youth ministry, possess an overwhelming desire to grow leaders and teens deep in their faith, and be informed and sensitive to the particular youth culture of Fairfield County.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry or Christian Education
- Minimum of 1-2 years of youth related ministry experience as volunteer or staff in a church or parachurch ministry.
- Be in full agreement with Trinity Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith
- Self-directed, multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain a website and function appropriately on social media sites
- The ideal candidate will have an education from a seminary or Bible college.
- The ideal candidate will also have the education, some experience and gifts for counseling the young people of our church and the surrounding areas.
- Possesses a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to articulate and adhere to a Biblical worldview
- Maintains a healthy prayer-life
- Must be a spiritual growth leader with a plan
- Must be a team player with team-oriented goals working for the good of all areas of the church
- Possess thoughtful, biblically-based, decision-making skills
- Mature person who is growing in the skills and ability to lead leaders, support parents, and shepherd youth in hard situations
Teaching (16 hours/week)
- Function as the primary teacher within the ministry, teaching the Word of God faithfully. They will give ample time each week to in-depth analysis of the Biblical text, consulting an assortment of commentaries, Bible dictionaries, and other helpful resources.
Administration and Communication (4 hours/week)
- Plan, promote, and administer all regular and special events for the youth ministry. This involves researching events, handling of registration forms, payment, etc. Special Events should be designed to target students at different points in their faith
for the purpose of evangelism, service, spiritual growth, etc.
- Maintain the youth ministry’s website in addition to the ministry’s social media accounts as important vehicles through which communication happens with parents and students.
Outreach and Discipleship (10 hours/week)
- Regularly meet with students and leaders outside of the weekly program in order to grow them in their faith through Bible study, prayer, accountability and encouragement.
- As part of the discipleship process, the Youth Pastor will seek ways to promote the youth ministry outside the church in the local community so as to invite youth into the ministry and ultimately into a relationship with Jesus.
Leadership Development (5 hours/week)
- Be the primary recruiter for future volunteers within the ministry, drawing from contacts within the church to find adults with a burden and gifting to minister to teens.
- Intentionally seek to train volunteers in the youth ministry and help them identify their gifts, grow in their ministry skills, and encourage them as they honor Christ through exercising those gifts.
Part of Church Team (5 hours/week)
- Regularly attend staff meetings and function as part of the Ministry Team at TBC, performing tasks as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
- Work with the Associate Pastor and Children’s Director to help encourage and equip parents to take the lead in shepherding their children.
- Work with other staff and youth leaders to create opportunities for the teens to become integrated into the full life of the church.
Any candidate interested in being considered for this position should forward their resume and
cover letter to YouthSearch@TrinityFairfield.org.