Isle of Hope United Methodist Church has an opening for a Church Executive Administrator. This position reports to the Senior Pastor and works closely with the ministerial staff, program staff, and Church committees to support the mission of the Church.
The Executive Administrator is responsible for the day to day operation of the church. Plan, organize, and direct the business affairs of the Church including personnel, finance, information technology, insurance, fund-raising, office management, and facilities
and equipment management. The Church Executive Administrator must have a well-rounded business background on one hand, yet have a strong ability to integrate that information into the uniqueness of the church environment. He or she should have experience dealing
with human resource management, risk management, budgeting, purchasing, local government issues, grounds and facilities management, to name a few. The administrator acts as a liaison between the pastor, the congregation and the staff. Because of this, he or
she should have excellent communication skills.
Knowledge and experience:
1. Minimum Bachelor’s in Business Administration and/or Management
2. Experience with non-profit management, particularly churches
3. Experience in Human Resources
4. Effective communication with people at all levels
5. Strong ability to multi-task and time management skills
6. Attention to detail.
7. Technology savvy with basic understanding of servers, internet, and various software
8. Proficient in Microsoft Windows and various applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
9. Proficient with standard office equipment (ie: copy machine, facsimile, postage machine, folding machine, duplicator, binding machine, laminator, 10 key calculator
10. Proficient in Church-specific software: ACS and Facility Scheduler
Please send a cover letter and resume by May 15 to:
Isle of Hope UMC
Attn: SPR Subcommittee
Savannah GA 31406