The Director of Worship gives spiritual and organizational leadership to all the music and worship ministries of the church. The primary aim of each worship service is to design an experience that leads the congregation into an authentic encounter with God.
- A vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and spiritual maturity to lead others in worship.
- Passion for leading contemporary worship, with ability to organize and oversee traditional worship.
- Creativity, self-motivation, passion for worship, divine calling to serve in this ministry role.
- Ability to lead others, both musically and organizationally.
- Ability to collaborate with people of diverse background and experience.
- Sufficient musical ability to lead worship and to rehearse with musicians.
- Support for the mission and vision of Cornerstone Church.
- Formal college education in music or worship leading, or minimum two years of experience leading contemporary worship.
- Lead a team to plan all aspects of both contemporary and traditional weekly worship services, as well as special/seasonal worship services.
- Participate in leading weekly worship services, including congregational singing.
- Oversee and coordinate musicians (paid and volunteer), music groups (adult/children’s choir, adult/children’s hand bell choir, worship band), and worship teams (ushers, Communion, sound/media, acolytes, altar guild, readers, etc.) in the planning of worship.
- Organize rehearsals with worship groups.
- Recruit new musicians and worship participants as needed.
- Budget for, organize, and maintain worship supplies and equipment.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of worship media.
- Coordinate with church office staff for publications, advertising, master calendar regarding worship activities.
- Meet weekly with Pastor for evaluation and planning of worship.
The Director of Worship is responsible to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee and is under the direct supervision of the Pastor.