Director of Outreach
The Director of Outreach should be a Christ-centered team player who is comfortable leading and directing missions and outreach opportunities. This person must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and motivational skills. They must be equipped with
a working knowledge of event planning, program management, and communication. They must also be comfortable in transforming big ideas into a realistic ministry.
Description of duties
- Coordinate evangelistic outreach efforts for congregation.
- Attend and provide input at regular meetings for Staff and ELT.
- Plan and implement calendar for missions and outreach opportunities.
- Maintain all communications for missions and outreach including (but not limited to) church newsletter, church program, website, social media, and local publications.
- Attend Ambassador Class meetings and provide written and oral explanation of missions and outreach opportunities.
- Prepare necessary reports as needed regarding state of the missions and outreach.
- Develop and build relationships with community organizations in order to understand community dynamics and how the church can meet their needs.
- Oversee the Benevolence and Grant team.
- Create and review annual partnership agreements.
Training and resources
- Attend workshops, conferences, or formal education to increase knowledge and awareness as it pertains to Outreach.
- Attend workshops or conferences in order build highly effective volunteer teams.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- A personal vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus.
- Models Christ like servant leadership.
- Concise and effective communication skills.
- Diplomatic, productive, and positive people skills.
- Commitment to identifying, encouraging, and developing volunteers in ministry.
- Ability to motivate and empower people (staff and volunteers).
- Ability to handle conflict constructively and gracefully.
- Sensitivity for meeting the needs of the congregation.
- Demonstrates a heart in building community and reaching the lost.