First Christian Church of Venice, Florida is seeking a Dedicated Follower of Jesus Christ to serve our youth and young families.
The successful applicant for this full time position will have some experience and education in the area of youth ministry, and will be a team player. While the direct ministry will be done with our middle and high school youth, this Minister to youth and
families will help to organize, recruit and train volunteers to lead our ministries to children, youth, and families, and have a general maturity, awareness, and commitment to the broader ministries of the church. Our Mission is to Make fully devoted followers
of Jesus Christ.
We are ready to make a long term commitment to the right applicant. To begin our interactions, please submit your resume’ to Dr. Phil Schmunk; Lead Pastor; First Christian Church. 1100 Center Rd.; Venice, FL 34292 Email: email@example.com
The Minister to Youth and Families of First Christian Church is responsible to oversee and direct all ministries from Nursery through High School. This Minister will have a direct “hands-on” ministry with children and youth while working to train and disciple
sufficient leadership in these areas of ministry. This staff person will demonstrate a “Shepherd’s Heart” and be available to our young families.
- Shall be in full agreement with the Statement of Faith, Mission, and Vision of FCC.
- Shall have the equivalent of a Bible Degree, and/or 3 years Ministry experience with a demonstrated ability and Spiritual gifting in the area of ministry to children, youth, and their families.
- Shall live in harmony with the Biblical qualifications for Leadership as spelled out in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. and with Biblical integrity in areas of family life, training your children in the instruction of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4)
- Oversee all facets of ministry to children and youth from birth through 12th grade. Have a desire and ability to work with children, youth, and volunteers toward maturity in Christ, able to carry out an Ephesians 4 ministry with them building, equipping
and training. Will work effectively with parents, men & women.
- Recruit and develop a team to carry out the various facets of the ministry. Design a ministry team plan that is patterned after and consistent with the mission, vision, and statement of faith of FCC. Work as a team with the other staff through coordinated
- Develop a continuity of teaching/training in coordination with other ministries.
- Will contribute to outreach and assimilation activities for your areas of ministry.
- Recommend and implement a coordinated curriculum that teaches the whole counsel of God with the approval of the Elders.
- Fulfill other shepherding responsibilities when called on and available including visitation, Hospitality, Teaching, Counseling as it pertains to your ministry responsibilities, and as long as it does not detract from them.
- Seek personal spiritual growth in Christ daily. Shall practice the spiritual disciplines and shall engage in continuing development for spiritual health and effective ministry.
Under Jesus Christ, who is the Head of the church, the Minister to Youth and Families shall be accountable to the Board of Elders with a direct reporting to the Lead Pastor.