Under the leadership of the senior pastor and elders, the executive pastor is responsible for the management, care and development of staff; oversight and enhancement of the various ministries of the church; and administration of all business operations
of the church. He will insure that the mission, vision, values and strategies of the Church are executed with excellence through staff and volunteers according to plan and budget. His mandate is to form a close bond of trust with the senior pastor, speak
and act as his representative and free him to focus on vision and strategy, teaching and shepherding of the congregation.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent the senior pastor in all activities of the church and partner in the development of the desired church culture.
- Recruit, manage and develop the leadership and organizational skills of staff with a shepherd’s orientation.
- Facilitate strategic planning, annual budgeting and development of appropriate performance metrics to evaluate the ministries of the church.
- Lead the ministry staff in establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that reach and support the church’s demographic, insuring accomplishment of the overall mission. This may include: assimilation; discipleship small groups; membership; men’s,
women’s and children’s; worship/arts pastoral care and deacons.
- Ensure operational readiness of the church through leadership and the development of plans, business processes, policies and technology addressing finance and accounting, information systems, human resources and facilities. Implements appropriate controls,
and checks and balances to insure transparency and integrity in all processes.
- Manage church building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Builds effective partnerships with other church and parachurch organizations for expansion and leverage of church resources.
- Develops and manages Church communications included web, social media and other collateral materials.
- Other duties as required for leadership and stewardship of the church.
- A mature and tested faith in Jesus Christ with a strong knowledge of the bible.
- The qualities of a deacon (1Timothy 3:8-13) and full agreement to uphold the philosophy, values and statement of faith of Crossroads Community Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting, or other related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biblical studies or theology.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience as a senior leader in for profit, not-for-profit or church environments with direct management of others.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen managing budgeting and planning processes, capital projects and other operational project management.
- Strong oral, written and platform communication skills with the ability to articulate the intent and value of church mission, strategy and plans.
- Expertise with standard office technology, information systems and web platforms.