Great Lakes Church is a dynamic, 7 year old multisite church right on Lake Michigan south of Milwaukee. Great Lakes is a non denominational church and we pride ourselves on being "Church for the Rest of Us" Ultra religious and legalistic need not
apply. We are looking for real people with real lives who aren't afraid to be who God created them to be.
To be an innovator of all environments and programs for 6-12th grade students.
The Student Pastor is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and environmental aspects related to Middle School (MSC) and Sr. High (HSC) ministries at all campuses of Great
Lakes Church. This position leads staff and reports to the Next Generation Pastor.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Passion for ministry to students and seeing both parents and children grow in their faith.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- A team player. Fully committed to strengthening and adding to our positive staff culture.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Great Lakes Church.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide leadership to the Student Ministries (YM) volunteer teams.
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for student ministries in collaboration with the Next Generation Pastor.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for YM staff and volunteers.
- Sets direction and trains YM staff and volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of YM staff and volunteers.
- Develops and maintains processes necessary for effective YM operations (e.g.: check-in).
- Oversee the implementation of YM curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing of YM (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with YM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for YM.
- Coordinate family events for YM parents and families.
- Perform other pastoral tasks and duties as needed (weddings, funerals, pastoral care)
- 5 years of staffed Youth Ministry experience in a church of 1000 or more preferred
- An ability to show a history committed to growth and learning. This can be through schooling, conferences, mentorships, books, blogs etc. We want to see that you are committed to bettering yourself.
- Samples of work you have done. This could include, volunteer handbooks, curriculum you have written, ministry videos (teaching, facility tours, training videos, highlight videos)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- 1 personal and 2 professional references