The Weekday Preschool of Matthews United Methodist Church is seeking a dynamic individual to assume leadership for our Weekday Preschool Ministry (286 children). Our Weekday Preschool Ministry is a wonderful outreach ministry to our Church families and surrounding
communities. It offers a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children ages one through Transitional Kindergarten.
The Weekday Preschool Director provides leadership to the overall Weekday Preschool Ministry so that our Church’s mission of
Reach, Teach, Praise and
Serve may be fulfilled. This position requires the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education, a master’s degree is preferred; with at least five years’ experience as a director or assistant director
of a large church preschool program. A combination of education and equivalent experience will be considered. A complete job description is available on our web site at MatthewsUMC.org. Visit
About MUMC under the Connect tab and click on the Employment
link. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of and experience with National Association & Education of Young Children standards and procedures for quality preschool programming
- Early childhood developmental needs and related behavioral issues
- Employee management issues related to maintaining a large preschool staff
- Health & Safety procedures including infant/Child CPR and First Aid
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria should submit the following to email@example.com.
Only the candidates who meet the minimum criteria and submit all the requested material will be considered.
- A cover letter expressing interest in this position and explanation of why the candidate believes his/her qualifications match those sought by the Weekday Preschool Ministry of Matthews UMC. Please include your salary requirements in the cover letter.
- Current resume
- Statement of educational philosophy of Early Childhood Education and the important role that the Christian faith plays (no more than one page please)
- Two reference letters from current or former supervisors (specifically in Early Childhood Education)
No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.