The Worship Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the blended & contemporary worship services at Faith Lutheran Church. Oversight includes the following: leading the blended & contemporary worship service; implementation of Faith’s
vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area; ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence. This person is directly accountable to the lead pastor.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role.
- Track record of success as a team builder.
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in worship ministry.
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Commitment to ongoing personal & professional growth.
- Fully support the mission, vision, values and worship strategy of Faith.
- Must have strong vocal skills.
- Must have a teachable heart.
- Lead the Sunday morning blended & contemporary worship services, Christmas Eve & Good Friday services, through music that is both excellent and engaging.
- Build the necessary team to carry out the worship service.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
- It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 20 hours per week.