Boston Avenue United Methodist Church (www.bostonavenue.org) is a dynamic, intergenerational congregation in Tulsa, OK. This worshipping congregation of 1,224 is seeking a
full-time Director of Senior High & College Ministries, who will reach, lead, and support students as they grow and develop as disciples of Christ.
This urban downtown church is an American historical landmark and has served as a functioning church for over one hundred years. Deeply rooted in the community, Boston Avenue United Methodist is a leader in ecumenical gatherings, social justice, and missional
service. They live out their vision to “Think deeply, Grow spiritually, Love generously so that we actively share God’s blessing.”
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide leadership in programming and missions, develop relationships with youth, families, and congregants, and recruiting and equipping volunteers.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Degree in Christian Education or a related field
- Theological education is highly desirable
- Three or more years experience working in a large multi staff church with diverse programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Leadership and team member skills
- IT skills and ability to maximize social media
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and a resume to Teresa Sippel at firstname.lastname@example.org