Was math your favorite subject at school? Do you find that a large amount of data doesn’t freak you out? Do you enjoy analyzing things? Do you enjoy children? Would you rather hang out with a bunch of kids than adults? Do you believe God has called children to minister TODAY? Then, this ministry role may be for you!
New Life is a vibrant, growing church located in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula. We are seeking an Assistant Pastor who will serve as part of the ministry team in all areas of ministry with specific responsibility for church finances and children’s ministries. Imagine, crunching numbers and throwing water balloons!
Children’s Ministry Expectations
Emphasis given to training leaders who will lead different children and family ministries.
- Work with ministry leaders to find, recommend, and make available curriculum for children.
- Organize and provide equipment needed for effective ministry to children and families.
- Provide opportunities for children to lead in ministry. (We believe kids are not ONLY our future ministers, but are also called to ministry today.)
- Plan and organize outreaches to children and their families.
- Equip parents through training, seminars, mentoring, and publications.
- Create atmospheres that are fun and relevant.
Responsible for managing church finances and financial business processes. Training provided.
- Responsible for general bookkeeping – approx. 8 hours a week.
- Work with Lead Pastor in creating annual budget.
- Receive, count, enter, and deposit weekly tithes and offerings received via weekend services, mail, online, stock transfer, etc.
- Receive, review, record, and pay bills and other expenses as directed.
- Establish and manage purchasing, expense reimbursement, petty cash, check request, and other financial business processes.
- Manage payroll for church staff ensuring funds are transferred and payroll data is entered each pay period.
- Establish and manage bank accounts as the church’s business needs dictate.
- Produce and distribute quarterly and annual general and building fund giving statements.
The following are expectations for all Pastoral staff at New Life
- Be involved in a Life Group. (We believe that as we grow larger, we get smaller through small group ministry.)
- Faithfully tithe and generously give.
- Keep a calendar of events for a year in advance.
- Keep learning through reading, studying, and continuing education.
- Mentor up and mentor down. Find someone who has worked or who is working in the same area you are to mentor you. Find someone you can mentor.
- Work with the New Life ministry team as needed (preaching, teaching, leading, counseling, discipling, cleaning, whatever it takes).
- Maintain regular prayer, study, fasting, and serving.
Competencies for Assistant Pastor
- Pragmatic – Must be able to generate sensible, realistic, and practical solutions to problems.
- Resourceful – Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. A “doer.”
- First Impression – Professional in demeanor, creates favorable first impression – body, language, eye contact, posture.
- Team Player – Reaches out to peers. Overcomes “we – they.” Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for the organization.
- Conflict Management – Understands natural forces of conflict and acts to prevent or soften them. Effectively works through conflicts to optimize outcome. Does not suppress, ignore, or deny conflicts.
- Self-Motivated – The lead Pastor believes in his staff. He is not looking to micro-manage a ministry. He is looking for someone that has an intrinsic motivation to give and do his or her best.
- Numbers - Since bookkeeping is a part of the responsibility, you must enjoy working with financial numbers.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience.
- Minimum of a four-year college degree preferred, but can be negotiated based on years of experience.
- Must agree with our Mission, Beliefs and Core Values as found at www.NewLife906.com
-A cover letter explaining why you think this job will be a good fit for you and us.
-A picture of you and family, where applicable
-Please, answer the following questions:
What is your philosophy of ministry? What does ministry look like to you?
What nationally known Pastors or churches have influenced you?
What books or blogs have you read over the past 24 months that have influenced you?
If you could do anything in life, what would you do?
Contact Information: All information can be emailed to Jason@NewLife906.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorThe Bridge Church
- St. Francis, Minnesota
- January 23
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Pastor of Family MinistriesEcclesia Hollywood
- Hollywood, California
- January 22
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20