With a fantastic location on the north side of South Bend and in the heart of Michiana, our Clay Church mission is to walk with more people toward a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is every person embraced, passions ignited for serving where God calls, and Christ’s love expanding. The Director of Communications will build and work with a team to tell the story of what God is doing in and through our church.
Position is responsible for and focused on leadership and team development, oversight and execution of all aspects of Communications.
Design & Brand Management
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
- Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
- Monitor the look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing Clay Church.
- Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals.
- Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers such as artists, designers, photographers, writers.
- Work in tandem with Worship Creative Team and Worship Design Teams to tell our story through video, print, and social media.
- Join brainstorming and creative sessions in developing worship series and programs.
- Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of Clay Church websites.
- Proactively work to make sure Clay maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology.
- Develop system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Clay Church.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events and other campaigns.
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions.
- Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Create positive relationships with local media.
- Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to use communications to reach others.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Clay Church.
- Skills in video producing and editing.
- Familiarity with Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Degree in communications, media, or related field, or at least 2-4 years experience in communications.
The Director of Communications serves on the Worship Creative and Worship Design Teams, and she or he reports to the Firehouse Campus Pastor.
CLAY STAFF VALUES
As the staff of Clay Church, this is how we live…
- Christ-Centered: In all we do. Period.
- Family: Relationships matter to us. We empower each other, are accountable to each other, have fun together, love each other.
- Real: We are vulnerable, humble, honest, always living with integrity.
- Fearless: We dream big, take risks, are not afraid to fail, and always aim for excellence.
- Servants: If something needs doing, we do it. We bring 100%, always growing in discipling and leading leaders, serving as Christ’s hands and feet in our community and our world.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and communications project example to Aaron Helman at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Audio/Visual TechnicianSecond Presbyterian Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- January 13
Audio Director: FOH EngineerSlingshot Group
- Irvine, California
- January 11
Worship LeaderGenerations Christian Church
- Trinity, Florida
- January 11
Clay Church is located on the north side of South Bend and in the heart of Michiana. Our mission is to walk with more people toward a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is every person embraced, passions ignited for serving where God calls, and Christ’s love expanding. More...